one-wire pole transformers

Page 3 of 4
On 2/28/2012 9:20 PM, gregz wrote:

Have you ever tried cat juggling? You must catch the cat because the critters can't handle end over end flips and they would land on their furry little heads and get hurt, that would be mean and cruel but it's very entertaining. ^_^
TDD
(angel)

I saw keyring size lasers in Dollar Tree, yesterday. They sure have come down in price. I carry a laser for occasional pointing at things at a distance. Or, so I tell people. Really, it's for ammusing cats.
I got a laser with chain, which I sometimes entertain the cats with. I can't pick it up without them looking at me.
Greg

I lost my dear friend rocky. He loved the laser. When younger, he would take a stance indication he wanted to play. The day I showed him a harbor freight line leveling laser, he went bananas. For a few days, that's all he wanted do do.
Greg
On 2/29/2012 1:43 PM, gregz wrote:

Your cat wanted do do? Hum, strange cat. ^_^
TDD
It's a slam on HF quality. You know, that #### stuff from that #### Horrid Fright place. A discriminating cat would have wanted a Makita level, or Stanley, or Metabo. But, the cat wanted the do do level.
Or, it could be a simple typp.
On 2/29/2012 1:43 PM, gregz wrote:

Your cat wanted do do? Hum, strange cat. ^_^
TDD

Ours loved them for a few weeks, then decided that catching the mouse would be fun, too. After ten years, one will get excited for about a nanosecond.
On 2/29/2012 7:56 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Roommate has a psychotic beagle that will chase flash lite and laser spots. o_O
TDD
Have you considered getting the poor dog some help? Doggy Psychiatrist?

Roommate has a psychotic beagle that will chase flash lite and laser spots. o_O
TDD
On 3/1/2012 7:12 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Anyone familiar with beagles knows that canine psychosis is a trait of the breed. ^_^
TDD
On 2/24/2012 3:12 PM, Pete C. wrote:

They are both.
The pretty much standard system is a Y derived HV primary ~ 12kv phase to phase or ~ 7.2kv phase to neutral.

talking to the utility guy replacing the power transformer on the ground outside my apartment(after it blew),it was fed by 7200 volts,coming from a nearby pole.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 2/25/2012 2:09 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

Another common high voltage power feed in the U.S. is 13,800 volts.
TDD

That would only be considered "high voltage" to someone who is only familiar with "low voltages" less than 600 volts...
It is usually called "intermediate distribution voltage" or "medium voltage" by people who know what they are talking about...
On 2/28/2012 11:38 PM, Evan wrote:

Well, I've worked as an electrician and had to get certified to make high voltage splices and connections on buried "high voltage" power cable rated at 15,000 volts. I've worked with a lot of "high voltage" switch gear that used 4,160 volts. What kind of "high voltage" equipment have you serviced and installed? I don't know what your experience with electrical power distribution may be but I can assure you that me and guys like me who want to live, call any electrical power over 600 volts "high voltage" and treat it as "high voltage" because we want to keep living. ^_^
TDD

What "high voltage" is depends on who is using the term and sometimes the context. What you wrote is correct.
In any case it is another useless post from Evan.
--
bud--

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:58:05 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Evan is right, utility workers call anything from 601 to about 50kv medium voltage.
High voltage can get up to around 1 million volts. The HV lines you see in the background of the pictures I posted are 250,000 v

Linemen who work on high voltage power distribution systems use a very different point of reference than us lowly mundane electricians. What I said stands. ^_^
TDD
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:59:18 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Yup it is whether you sleep with the NEC or the NESC.
I am around both of them.

The only high voltage I've ever been involved with is 4,160 volt underground distribution, pad mounted transformers and switchgear at various locations. Splicing and connecting direct buried high voltage cable is interesting work because if not done correctly, the darn splices can explode if there is a defect. I did a lot of HV work on an island where there was salt water exposure which complicated things a bit. Darn it, I loved being out in the tropics. ^_^
TDD