One Way Glass for Bathroom windows, Is there such a thing?

We currently have an ugly wondow with some kind of frosting (and paint spattering) in the bathroom. It lets in light but you can't see out.
Are there any good types of one-way glass that can be used in a bathroom so that people from the outside cant see in, even at night?
Is there something like a slightly obscured glass with a one way coating that would do the job?
What is an affordable compromise?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Fuggetabout so called "one-way glass" It works on a light differential. If it's bright on the outside and dark on the inside it works great; the outside looks like a mirror. The minute you turn on the bathroom light the light differential goes away and the whole neighborhood is laughing at your goofy naked ass.
There are lots of obscure glass patterns that work great. If you are a "cheap charlie" you can get a glass company to cut you a piece that you can silicone over your existing panes. Not pretty but functional and cheap.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

John is correct. There is no such thing as one-way glass. It is just glass with a coating that allows viewing from the dark to the light side. Turn on a light on the dark side and there is no difference. Frosted glass is about the only thing I can think of te block vision but allow light into the bathroom.
Harry K
Add pictures here
βœ–
theres a new electric glass, powered up it becomes opaque, cant see thru, but its expensive
Add pictures here
βœ–

And you wonΉt want to use the bathroom during a power failure!
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

No. 'One-way' glass requires that you are in an area that is darker than the area that you are observing. The person on the darker side always gets the view.

No.
Window shade or shutters.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 22 Jan 2006 16:47:31 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

We have a 8' single door leading from the MB to the patio (glass), so my wife used a decorative film with a pattern and looks great and wasn't that costly.
Check some of these patterns one could use. Not an endorsement.
http://www.on-sitesystems.com/designs/film.htm
Oren
βœ–
One way glass with a curtin, shutter, or shade to cover it at night.

Add pictures here
βœ–
bud smith wrote:

Hi, Easiest might be ordinary glass and tinting film of your choice.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Agreed.
Add pictures here
βœ–

If you hit the lottery, check out 3M "privacy glass"
Add pictures here
βœ–
home depot sells a vinyl like film in various stained glass patterns. we put these on our bathroom windows for the same reason.

Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

This is just a joke, but if you were dead set on such a setup, you could hang a flat screen monitor in your window hooked up to a camera that points where you want. ;)
On the more serious side, you could just use frosted glass in a window that opens wide when you want to look out.
Add pictures here
βœ–
theres a window frosting spray like a thin whiite paint, works great
Add pictures here
βœ–
There is a "chemical" out there that can etch/frost glass. I think it's an acid. You just apply it to the glass, let it set, and then wash it off. Google it on the net using search terms like "glass etch acid." You may be able to buy it at a hardware store, or a craft store.