One vs Two piece toilet

I'm in the market for a new toilet, but can't decide which to buy, a one piece or two piece unit.
Does one have any advantages over the other?
All opinions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Freckles
On 11/12/2013 8:37 PM, Freckles wrote:

The one piece are pretty good looking, but I never owned one. I've heard so many complaints about them that I'd not buy one. Maybe new ones are better though.
I've recently installed a couple of Kohler 1.6 gallon comfort height units. They work well every time and stay clean.

The one piece units that do not have power assist are at a disadvantage because the drop height of water is less. That said, there are some excellent ones. We bought two from Costco about a year ago that work great. Went back a few months ago for a third. They switched brands and the latest one doesn't work quite as well.
I'd make sure your toilet is rated for 1000g from the full MAP report: http://www.cwwa.ca/freepub_e.asp
If it were me, I would stick with the two piece toilets.
That's because single piece toilets often require special parts that are only available from the manufacturer; like the toilet trip lever, for example. You might have to pay $40 for a trip lever from Crane or Kohler, whereas a $3 plastic Master Plumber trip lever from Home Depot will fit on their two piece toilets.
--
nestork

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:37:41 PM UTC-5, Freckles wrote:

About height: http://wellnessmama.com/7013/a-proper-way-to-poo-squatty-potty-review/
This applies to toilets of all formats.
If you have a rent house, and the renters are, ummmm full figured, probably more like morbidly obese, and they think the crapper is some kind of lazy boy recliner... a one piece toilet might be just the thing for them.