ONE RADIATOR COLD

I have a completely cold radiator in one upstairs room of my house, All the rest are working fine.

When I bleed them water appears immediately and get hot.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be ?

Reply to
gilberto

I"m assuming you mean you're bleeding hot water from the OTHER radiators, not the cold one. Check where the radiator is in the system. If its furthest from the circulation pump turn up the thermostat as a test and see if it starts to warm up.

Reply to
garageguy

I"m assuming you mean you're bleeding hot water from the OTHER radiators, not the cold one. Check where the radiator is in the system. If its furthest from the circulation pump turn up the thermostat as a test and see if it starts to warm up.

Reply to
garageguy

Your boiler might be low on water

Reply to
m Ransley

I have one upstairs baseboard cast iron radiator that was retrofitted after a bathroom remodel. On the three occasions I've drained and refilled the system, it stayed cold while the others, that are all original upright radiators, get hot. I can bleed it, and the water blowing out will eventually get hot, but it won't circulate back down the cold return side. I've found that the only way I can get the bubble of air that must be trapped on the cold return side out is to increase the pressure to about 25 psi and turn the heat on so the water gets very hot. This is enough "umph" to blow out the air and get the circulation working. The radiator will work fine from then on.

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
gilberto71