Ondura roofing anyone have experience

Will be selling house soon and I need a new roof. I dont want to spend lots of $$$ but am not looking to screw buyer. Has anyone had experience with ondura roofing pannels good or bad? I just last weekend discovered it at Lowes.

Reply to
Anonymous

If you put that on your house it would probably detract from the value.

Car port might be OK but I wouldn't want that stuff on my house.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Would you be so kind as to tell me specificly why and is this from personal experience or can you point me to a study? Stan

Reply to
Anonymous

Travis Jordan

Uriah,

I put this on my barn. It was easy to do. The panels are light enough that this is a one man job. It's been up 10 years with no problems. My mother has had this on her garage for 20 years without problems. As Roger said I think that this will hurt the resale value of your home. I'd advise you to clearly state that you have adjusted your selling price to allow the new owner to reroof with the product of his choice. Trying to convince buyers about some strange and highly visible product may be frustrating.

Dave M. .

Reply to
David Martel

Sound like you should negotiate the selling price and let the buyer choose the roof they want.

I did that and we were both happy with the result.

PJ

Reply to
PJx

OK I'll tell you. It is my opinion. It might be fine on a barn, or a carport, but I think it looks cheap and tacky on a house. I would say the same thing if you were asking about putting corrugated tin or fiber glass.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I just looked it up to see what you are talking about. I'll have to check out the next Pizza Hut I see.

According to their web page: Ondura gives a roof the attractive look of more expensive tile. But without the weight and costly installation.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski