Older Freezer - Works Well

Older model Borg-Warner freezer perhaps 20-30 yrs. old. Looks to be about 12-14 cubic feet in size and is a horizontal chest type. Dimensions are 60"L x 28"W x 36"H Works well and keeps everything well frozen. Could use a new gasket around the door. Located in Sheraden beside McKee's Rocks, PA
Great as an extra freezer at home or one for camp!
Asking $50 obo ------------------- Make an offer!
YOU HAUL - YOU HAUL - YOU HAUL - YOU HAUL
Email: rileyjones snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Keep in mind the operating cost is going to be about $15 to $20 a month MORE than a modern freezer. Not a good buy even for free.
Edwin Pawlowski:

Can you back that up?
***

Sure. Look at the ratings of the old and the newer units. Couple that with added insulation and you have a large drop in electric use.
I replaced an old 10 cu ft. refrigerator that we had in the basement with a new 18 cu. ft. frost free and saved $10 a month. This is common knowledge. Just ask any appliance tech, check with EPS energy star materials, or your electric utility. . Old refrigerators and freezers were energy hogs compared to the modern units in the past 5 years or so.
Don't take my word, do your own research and you will find I'm correct.
Edwin Pawlowski:

I think your $15-20/month is way high.
***
wrote in message

Think whatever you want. I prefer facts. Just look at the energy consumption and your cost of electricity and do some simple math. How much research did you do? Do something very simple. Look at the amp rating on the nameplate. Look up a modern unit.
15-20 a month is conservative, mine tested at 26$ a month with a Kill-A Watt on a 4 day test. Those units were not made for efficiency just reliability. They were made when electricity cost was of little concern, like everything of that era..