"Old Wives Tales" NOT Working For Skunk Control!!

Page 2 of 2
We have NEVER had a problem with skunks digging up our yard in the last 10+ years. But guess what, he was out there again last night at 4:30 am destroying our yard. I got up at 4:30 am to get a glass of water, and I look at the window, and there he is, like 5 feet from the back steps ripping up the grass and making dirt fly everywhere.
I banged on the back, metal storm door, and the SOB skunk looked at me, and went back to digging up the yard. I banged it again, and he looked at me again with an earthworm in his mouth, and went back to digging yet again! So I banged on the door again hard a Third time, and he finally wandered away.
Also, moth balls are now proven to be TOTALLY USELESS!!!! I put about 20 mothballs each in some empty plastic soup bowls, and placed them in about 6 spots where this pest has been digging. Well guess what he did, he just dug AROUND the bowls with the mothballs like they weren't even there!!!! The smell didn't seem to bother him one bit!?
replying to MICHELLE H., EL wrote: Hi Michelle, I have tried all kinds of ways to get rid of the skunks but no success. I bought a cage to trap but it flipped the cage upside down and got the chicken in it. That thing is very smart. I'm running out of ideas. How did you get rid of the skunk eventually? EL

If poisons are unsafe (because of pets etc.) you must simply shoot the animal. Amateur shooters would probably do better with a shotgun than with a rifle.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
On 6/13/2015 12:44 PM, EL wrote:

Accidentally caught a couple in my Hav-a-hart trap. Skunks not a big problem and I released them back to the yard. They say they will not spray if confined but I would not chance transporting them in my car.