Old window identification (also Oxford?)

We're looking to replace the ill-fitting double hung double glass windows in our only 16 year old home. The windows should be original units, but they come apart easily like a sash kit, the sashes pretty much pop/tilt in with a tug from their plastic track, then tilt to remove, and 3 screws hold side tracks in. The top and bottom only have stops, no felt/weatherstripping etc, most have actual (and visible) gaps to the outside creating a nice draft.

So, first stop - a little self education, and listen to a few "pitches".

The questions:

  1. Is there a way or a resource that could ID what the windows actually are (built in 1988, Leesburg VA, Penn Builders on the docs left by the po). I'd also like to ID the french doors, dual swing in a sort of CC on the hing is the only identification I see).

  1. Anyone heard of Oxford Windows? These had a nice sales pitch and a seemingly good warranty, and install included the exterior wrap (we don't have our estimate yet). A search of news found no hits - curious.

Thanks! (New owner of not very "old home")

-johnj

Reply to
John Johnston

____Reply Separator_____

I got this immediately - curious.

TOM KAN PA

Yes, that is the web - their site comes up, but no human experiences - epinions, nothing in alt.home.repair etc. I was expecting someone to have these in their place.

BTW we still don't have our quote - a week after they came out to measure. That was to include customer references.

Also - I'm thinking the old ones are Anderson after studying the ones at Home Depot. The F0 tornado over there the other day knocked a few of these in - poor sash design.

-johnj

Reply to
John Johnston