Old Solder

Page 2 of 2

out
Yeah, I expect so. Don't put crust in the pipe. Still I would take it off. No big deal if it did plug up.

White bread good. Multi-grain Stone-ground bad.
Phillip944 wrote:

Even with no water in the pipes and adequate heat you will occasionally run into joints which are locked up "tighter than a bull's ass in fly season" due to intermetallic componds which have formed in the soldered areas. If you can "twist" the heated joint you sometimes hear a screetching noise when they turn, and with enough rocking back and forth while pulling the joint apart they'll finally come loose.
I agree that sometimes it's better to just give up and cut out the fitting, then solder in whatever new parts are needed to get things back as you want them.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
I haven't seen this one (must be new), but the saddest thing in the original is where he was shot at the end of the movie.