Old sears garage door opener - Universal remote availalbe?

Hi, I have a sears garage door opener 1/3 horsepower, model number 139.52210 and I need another remote. Does anyone know if there is a universal remove that works with this model? Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com, 9/25/2006, 2:30:47 PM,

I don't know how old your is but mine is 17 years old and I got a replacement remote from Sears last week. They said there are two kinds, one with a red light (older) and one with a green light (newer).

Sears parts will have it. There are also a lot of websites that sell parts. Those openers were made by Chamberlin. Very easy to find whatever you want for them. They sold zillions of those openers for a long period of time with almost no changes. Parts are plentiful, so if you don't like the Sears price, shop around. Sometimes, Sears IS the cheapest, though.
CWM
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Any possibility you posted the Sears model number incorrectly?
I've used this place several times for myself and friends and they always had what I needed. (And at much better prices than from Sears.)
Here's their page with Sears model numbers on it, but the one you posted isn't listed:
http://www.aaaremotes.com/liftmastercompatibilitychart.html#cross
Good luck,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
On 25 Sep 2006 11:30:47 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

again
http://www3.sears.com/
If it is no longer supported, you'll have to use an universal conversion kit. Chamberlain & Genie make one. Available at Home Depot $50.
Re: Old sears garage door opener - Universal remote availalbe?:

Here's one I used to replace both the transmitter & receiver on my old Sears opener
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productIdV844-34867-318TR&lpage=none
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

since its so old and lacks modern safety and security features, like light sensors on door so obstruction reverses door, and things like rolling code technology to make it harder to break in by remote you may be better off just replacing the opener. its not expensive and besides if your ever going to sell such a old ppener is a home inspectors friend.
old openers put lots of pressure on a obstruction before reversing way more than current units, after kids were crushed.
sears has sales for 200 to 250 installed.
may be better investment than 50 bucks on a ancient unit