Old house with dog odor question

Page 2 of 2

You can buy odor bombs at janitorial supply places. Worth a try.

He can buy Febreze Air Fresheners at a 99 cent store. It will not mask the pet odor.
Perfume on a pet pig won't look much different. (yes I worked on a place that previously had a pet pig)....
If urine it has probably gone through the carpet into the flooring. When we bought our current house 18 years ago the former owner had a cat that had peed a lot in certain places. We removed the baseboard in the kitchen and found thick dried urine deposits. We replaced the baseboards and found it had gone down covering the joists in the basement ceiling. We removed the basement drywall ceiling and painted the affected areas with KILZ to seal in the odor. Problem solved. Don't underestimate the work involved. Presumably you are getting this house for a good price.
Remove all carpet and try to get an ultraviolet light that will show where the urine concentrations are.