Old GE Washing Machine Squeals, Need help

I have an old (about 20 years old) GE washing machine. It is a 2 speed automatic washer. Recently, it has begun to squeal on the spin cycle. I am a very handy guy (e.g., work on cars and home repairs) and would like to give a shot at fixing it. I am unfamiliar with the way washing machines work, so I need a little guidance. Thanks.

Reply to
alkon

I suggest you start with this website:

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Depending on the type of "squeal" and if it isn't making unusual noise on was cycle, might be as simple as the belt giving out and slipping, particularly if it's never been replaced.

--

Reply to
dpb