Old ele. panel breaker compatibility

I am trying to find out some info about breakers suitable for my exisiting ele. panel. I've looked over the net, but so far found nothing. The panel is Amalgated Electric cat #100-24126. The breakers all seem older type, no visible markings (I have not tried to pull one out yet) The only breaker with some merking on it is Westinghouse breand, labeled DNPL 153015. I am getting a new subpanel, and will need a 2p 60amp breaker to fit into the existing old one. Thanks. martin

Reply to
Martin

If Westinghouse breakers are compatible with it, then you may be able to use Murray or Siemens breakers, which are available at Home Depot, Lowe's, or Ace Hardware.

Your best bet is to remove one of the existing breakers, and take it with you. You may need to visit an electrical supply house to get what you want, but it's almost certain that there are compatible breakers available somewhere.

Doug Miller