Deepest sympathies. It should have been a gift, not a purchase. Try a Google search for auto repair manuals and check out possibilities at your library for help. Hopefully this a hobby and not transportation, Good luck.
Joe
Frogleg wrote:

Try asking at cartalk.com
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Try your local library
@hotmail.com says...

Get a Hynes or Chilton's manual from the library or online (ebay or Amazon) for that particular year (try to find an older one as they seem to group older years and models for newer editions).
You can also try: alt.autos.dodge
Bob
alt.autos.mopar.

try www.justfixmycar.com they are pretty knowledgeable over there

Umm that is not an OLD car. A 1968 Impala is an OLD car. And another thing... you actually PAID money for a Plymouth Sundance?? I must be missing somthing here, lol.
That thing under the flasher button is a light that is supposed to light up the ignition area when you first get in the car (so you can see where your keys go after 5 or 6 beers). I don't think the seats fold down in those either.
What engine is in it? Hopefully you got the 4 cylinder. The V6's in those cars were less than wonderful. Don't get me wrong, ALL Chrysler products are crap in my book, but that's just my opinion from the few I've had the misfortune of owning. lol
Tony
On 22 Feb 2004 19:05:22 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@frontiernet.net (Tony Kimmell) wrote:

OK. I'll give it a try the next time I'm out in the dark. It takes no beer at all to hide the ignition switch from my imagination.

I have no clue. I suppose I could lift the hood and count the wires, no?

I kind of figure (or hope) that if its history was releably represented (private owner) and it's lasted this long, it's not a lemon. Didn't some Cubans just paddle a 50-something Dodge to Florida?
Frogleg wrote:

1959 Buick...... a few months ago, the same group had tried it with a 1951 Chevrolet flatbed

If it's the same as my Dodge Lancer (old, larger version of the same style), that is the entry illumination light for the ignition switch. I didn't think that had them on the Sundance/Shadow models only higher end models like mine(?) and the New Yorker, etc.

Again, mine has 2 flat plastic latch handles on the top edge of the rear seat. They hinge up from the rear.

That's because owner's manuals are usually for a whole line of cars, each which may have different options. It'd be pretty expensive to make a different owner's manual just because a model has an AM/FM casset radio and others only and AM/FM or one is equiped with a rear window wiper and others not?
JMO
Dan O.
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:10:30 -0500, "Dan O."

Will check. The Owner's Booklet has 3 pages of text and illustration on seat belts, and a whole lotta "if so equipped" text. Ah hah! "Driver's Performance Seat" text includes "if so equipped," but just below is "Folding Rear Seat" with no qualifiers. I'm a little suspicious because they appear to be 'seats,' not a single unit, but it's worth knowing about.
Thanks.