old briggs twin cylinder flathead, this a 16 or 18hp? (pix)

I have an old briggs twin that was on a grasshopper ZTR mower I'm 'parting'. but I'm not sure if it's a 16hp or an 18hp? would some kind soul please take a look at the pictures on these 2 pages:

(it's the bottom

15 images, last three rows)

(it's the uppermost 5 images on this page)

and tell me what they think it is? alternately, is there something I can

-measure- or 'look at' on the engine that'd tell me 'fer sure' which hp engine it is?

thanks a real lot,

toolie

----- replies by e-mail need to remove the 'weirdstuff' from my address before clicking 'send' - thanks :-)

-----