Oklahoma State Law on Home Warranties??

Are there any Okies out there that are familiar with Oklahoma state law requiring home builders to put a 10 year warranty on their homes. What are the details of the law? My 8 year old home has a structural issue that could potentially cost big bucks to fix, so I'm exploring all my options. Thanks!!

Reply to
Daniel Fenner

I'm not familiar with the law but I am someone that sued his builder for house under warranty years ago. Hopefully warranty is covered by an insurance company and not the builder himself. Builders are notorious for hiding behind LLC's and S corps and liquidating after construction is complete. That way they protect their personal assets. If you're talking megabucks, you may need a lawyer.

Reply to
Frank

Seems to me that a phone call to an Oklahoma lawyer would be a more productive method of getting an answer.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Consumer law questions can usually be answered free by state consumer information offices, public libraries etc.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Opinions posted on newsgroups are now admissible in court. Honest, you just have to print them out for the judge.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski