Okay, I was wrong...

About 3 months I found a 3/8" copper pipe had burst over the winter. I didn't have any 3/8" pipe or fittings, so I patched it with silicone tape and cable ties. I posted here to ask how durable it was, and everyone told me I was crazy. Well, it started leaking; though it worked for three months. I think maybe it couldn't handle the expansion and contraction.
Now, I have some rubber tubing from an old gas grill, that just happens to be a perfect (snug, but possible) fit for the 3/8" pipe. It looks stronger than a garden hose, so I presume it can take my 40psi. Can I cut the bad section of pipe out and slip the rubber tubing over the ends; using the clamps (the name escapes me at the moment; the strap clamps that tighten with a screwdriver) to secure them in place. Yeh, I know it is mickymouse, but it ought to work. No? The only thing on the broken pipe is my dishwasher, so it would be hot water. The reason I don't just do it right is that I only have about 8" in the crawlspace, so doing anything is difficult; which is probably why it didn't have enough slope in the first place to drain properly.
John Smith wrote:

Tight crawl space + Half-assed repair job = exercise plan!
Only a young man say, 22? would do such a thing.
--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

Why not use compression fittings. If this is good hose it will probably last 20 years though.

Can I cut the bad

Sure, for a while. We can start a pool for when the failure happens and one of us will win a few bucks.

Oh, better yet. You just shotened the life by 50% or more.

The reason you don't do it right is because you are a stupid idiot. Check your homeowner's policy to see if stupid fixes are covered when it burst while you are away for a few hours or a few days. Have a plumber fix it right if you can't. Being a cheap prick will cost you more in the end.

Come on Ed, this is a troll. Not a bad one. I'd give it a 2 1/2 out of 10.
3rd eye wrote:

I agree. If he can reach it to do his mickey mouse repairs he can reach it to do it right.
Harry K
did you own my house before me?

maybe
stronger
mickymouse,
didn't

For a while, it'll work. However, why don't you redirect your energies to a correct and final solution that will allow you to go on with the rest of your life instead of returning to this same project repeatedly? Several posters here have mentioned that Copper Bond works great for those who would rather not sweat new copper connections, so my advice to you is to buy this product as well as the requisite length of copper and the two sleeves you need to finish up the piping job. Cut out the split piece of copper and do a correct repair.
Why are you fucking around with such "mickymouse" approaches and wasting your time?

Give it a try but keep an eye on it. It ought to work for a while until you can figure out a more permanent fix.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

GO FOR IT . Why waste .50 on a 3/8 tubing coupling. Better yet DUCK TAPE ( water proof) one roll will fix more leaks down the road, money well spent!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe
stronger
mickymouse,
didn't