OK to use wet-dry vac to siphon gas?

Page 3 of 3
mine just burnt a hole in the bag. I was spared any other entertainment.

I saw this episode too. They tried pretty hard to get it to ignite, but couldn't. But I don't doubt that with the right vac under just the right conditions it could explode. And of course anyone doing this with a shop vac is an idiot.
Reminds me of a teacher back in high school. He decided to use a shop vac to suck water out of his swimming pool, which might not be such a bad idea, if there was a small amount on the bottom of the pool. But he did it by taking the top part of the vacuum and holding it while standing in the pool water, thereby electrocuting himself.