OK to use wet-dry vac to siphon gas?

Evidently not. Who knew?

"A man using a vacuum cleaner to suck gasoline out of a vehicle was burned and his house damaged when the fuel exploded, the Albuquerque Fire Department said."

HeyBub

Who knew?

Anybody with a fully functioning brain, you moron.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Guess your sarcasm meter wasn't on yet today, eh? :)

--

Reply to
dpb

He's obviously an idiot.

For siphoning explosive liquids, I always use a pump attachment on my Dewalt 18V drill. You know, the drill whose brushes spark a bit when the motor's brake is applied.

What could possibly go wrong?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Having a humor-impaired day today, Kanter?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Do a search for 10-20 other posts from heybub, and then tell me if you think he's being sarcastic. The guy's a twit.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Amazing but then nothing surprises me anymore. I can class myself in the stupid category for a stunt last winter.

Went out to burn my brush piles, stopped on the way to fill up 5 gal cans, one with gas for the snow blower, one with diesel to start the fires with. Stuffed paper and some kindling under the first, added diesel, lit it, went to second and repeated. Back to first and wasn't burning well so splashed more diesel on. Woosh. back to 2nd, repeat there. 1st still not doing well so tossed a really good bunch on getting not only a good "woosh" but I now had a flame flckering at the can spout. Smothered that by slapping glove over it. That is when I realized I had the gas can, not the diesel one. Had sit down and coffeee while waiting for my legs to quit shaking.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Sadly, there's probably a lawyer at his door offering to handle his lawsuit against the makers of such an unsafe device...

Reply to
Mamba

I would say there very likely more than one. Lawyers dream of such cases because of the amount of wealth they can transfer to themselves.

Reply to
George

Don't know, don't care...came out that way to me in this particular thread, anyway...if wrong, so be it. (Note the :) )

--

Reply to
dpb

Me too. :)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Wow thats even dumber than the Iranians climbing the electric pole to steal power (posted a few weeks ago).

A college friend of mine once tried to "dry out" a flooded carburetor in dead winter by "burning off" the excess fuel in the carburator throat. He was running for the extinguisher when the rubber gas line started burning too.

Reply to
RickH

For f*ck's sake!!

Reply to
Meat Plow

gas is flamable?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Good grief...... I would have never even thought of doing something so stupid. I'm pretty sure those motors have brushes, and brushes mean sparks. I dont even like using those little drill operated pumps that you can buy anywhere for under $5. I have one, used it for water several times, but for gas I'll stick to the old fashioned hand operated squeeze bulb, and make sure not to smoke while doing it.

Reply to
alvinamorey

Who cares.... The article is from what appears to be a perfectly legitimate newspaper, so it's obviously true.

Reply to
alvinamorey

Well! No more free kisses for you!

Reply to
HeyBub

I did a search for "JoeSpareBedroom" and found you're Doug Kanter, right?

You are one heck of a dancer Doug!

peter ducante

Don't loan him your wet vac.

Reply to
clifto

re: Don't loan him your wet vac

Loan him your old wet vac...kill 2 birds with one stone.

Reply to
DerbyDad03