OK to use wet-dry vac to siphon gas?

Page 1 of 3
Evidently not. Who knew?
"A man using a vacuum cleaner to suck gasoline out of a vehicle was burned and his house damaged when the fuel exploded, the Albuquerque Fire Department said."
http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/nov/14/blast-injures-albuquerque-man-house-damaged/

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/nov/14/blast-injures-albuquerque-man-house-damaged /
Who knew?
Anybody with a fully functioning brain, you moron.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Guess your sarcasm meter wasn't on yet today, eh? :)

Do a search for 10-20 other posts from heybub, and then tell me if you think he's being sarcastic. The guy's a twit.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Don't know, don't care...came out that way to me in this particular thread, anyway...if wrong, so be it. (Note the :) )

Me too. :)

Who cares.... The article is from what appears to be a perfectly legitimate newspaper, so it's obviously true.

I did a search for "JoeSpareBedroom" and found you're Doug Kanter, right?
You are one heck of a dancer Doug!
http://www.jibjab.com/starring_you/receipt/984147

Having a humor-impaired day today, Kanter?

Amazing but then nothing surprises me anymore. I can class myself in the stupid category for a stunt last winter.
Went out to burn my brush piles, stopped on the way to fill up 5 gal cans, one with gas for the snow blower, one with diesel to start the fires with. Stuffed paper and some kindling under the first, added diesel, lit it, went to second and repeated. Back to first and wasn't burning well so splashed more diesel on. Woosh. back to 2nd, repeat there. 1st still not doing well so tossed a really good bunch on getting not only a good "woosh" but I now had a flame flckering at the can spout. Smothered that by slapping glove over it. That is when I realized I had the gas can, not the diesel one. Had sit down and coffeee while waiting for my legs to quit shaking.
Harry K
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Well! No more free kisses for you!
HeyBub wrote:

Don't loan him your wet vac.
--
Angry American flags attack Hillary Clinton!

re: Don't loan him your wet vac
Loan him your old wet vac...kill 2 birds with one stone.

He's obviously an idiot.
For siphoning explosive liquids, I always use a pump attachment on my Dewalt 18V drill. You know, the drill whose brushes spark a bit when the motor's brake is applied.
What could possibly go wrong?
DerbyDad03 wrote:

You could die, so, in other words, nothing.
On Nov 17, 9:27�am, sue snipped-for-privacy@lawyer.com wrote:

After you finish with the gas, you can dry it out by sweeping up the hot ashes from your fireplace! WM

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/nov/14/blast-injures-albuquerque-man-house-damaged /
Sadly, there's probably a lawyer at his door offering to handle his lawsuit against the makers of such an unsafe device...
Mamba wrote:

I would say there very likely more than one. Lawyers dream of such cases because of the amount of wealth they can transfer to themselves.
George wrote:

And I suppose you never sued anybody. My first case was against Mother and Father, for Santa Claus fraud.
Siphoning gasoline with a wet-dry vac isn't that uncommon. Only last month, this misguided youth tried it:
http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/1009evburned1009.html #
On Nov 17, 9:55 am, sue snipped-for-privacy@lawyer.com wrote:

re: Siphoning gasoline with a wet-dry vac isn't that uncommon
It's uncommon by this definition:
uncommon - adjective, - 3. exceptional; remarkable.
As in, exceptionally stupid, remarkably idiotic.