OK to pour concrete in fall/winter?

Is it OK to pour concrete (8" sonotubes with footing) at this time of year in the northeast where it is starting to go below freezing at night? Even if I protect it with insulation, will it cure properly or be damaged over the winter? Thanks,
-- JD
Jeff wrote:

I had a concrete driveway and garage slab poured last year in November in Minnesota, and the concrete guy did an extrordinary job. A little cold weather doesn't hurt. If it gets really cold, they gotta be ready to insulate with straw or thermal blankets or something to keep the heat in.
Bob
Yes if you take precautions to insulate. www.bia.org had a tech note on it. Don't use an additive to speed curing because it will probably weaken it.

It is not nearly cold enough yet to stop pouring. Below grade the temperature is stable. You probably have another 4 to 6 weeks with no problems.