Ok, so can I replace my own water heater?

Page 3 of 3

There ya go...
dgk wrote:

TO KNOW IF YOU CAN DO DICK WITH YOUR WATER HEATER OR NOT IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH DICKING AROUND WITH YOUR WATER HEATER THEN WHY NOT HIRE SOMEBODY ELSE TO FUCK AROUND WITH IT AND ACTUALLY KNOWS DICK ABOUT WHAT THEY'RE DOING?
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:59:13 -0700, Paige D'Winter wrote:
Trash.
You really are an asshole. -- Oren
Oren wrote:

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:51:40 -0700, Paige D'Winter

You prove my point (BFG).
How do you replace your water heater?
-- Oren
Oren wrote:

opposed to be a dumbass know it the fuck all egotistical homeowner.
Fuck You and fuck Cortelco.
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:01:05 -0700, Paige D'Winter

This will not minimize the strong probability that you are still an asshole :-))

Oren
"I didnt say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."

Just plonk the guy ands let it go. He's not worth the trouble.
Bob
Paige D'Winter wrote:

Keyboards fixed: $12.00.

That's outrageous. A whole new keyboard is less than $12.
Paige had a point though. I guess I should have phrased it better. The question was meant to be along the lines of: Is replacing the water heater something that a reasonably competent person, but not a contractor, would be capable of doing?
You see, there are many sites on the internet that give what appear to be very good instructions for doing it, for instance:
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/h2installwaterheater
It looks like this is a much easier job than, say, replacing a shower pan: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/troublesomeshowerpan
Notice that the instructions for the water heater to not suggest using a professional but the ones for a shower pan do.
Of course, blowing up the house would be a worse outcome than having a small pan leak.
I, naturally, need both a new water heater and a new pan.

I did my shower pan. With sufficient research, it's doable.
Bob
dgk wrote:

I'm a keyboard contractor. Designer colors only slightly more.
From what I read, you can use someone experienced to help you out.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

"dgk" < snipped-for-privacy@somewhere.com> wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:15:37 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

I think that's how it is going to work out. Someone is supposed to help.
What we have here...Is the failure to, COMMUNICATE!!