Oil rubbed bronze paint?

Hi,

I have just redid my bathroom and the hardware have a bronze finish. I would like the A/C vent covers match the hardware as much possible. Is there a paint solution to this problem? (I saw bronze finish vent covers for around $70 on the internet, which I find too high.)

Thank you in advance!

Aaron Fude

Reply to
aaronfude

Matching oil-rubbed bronze fixtures is extremely difficult. Even though it is supposed to be a standard finish - US10D - the fixture colors are all over the place, the paint colors are all over the place and the "standard" finish is, in this case, largely hypothetical.

Only way to know if you can get close enough is to buy some, try it, and see if it meets your approval. If the registers aren't right next to the fixtures, good enough is good enough.

RicodJour

We've used a dark brown "cammo" spray paint with good results. You could also two tone it with a slightly lighter color if you really wanted.

Reply to
Rick Blaine

If you go to a good paint store, they probably have spray cans that are a pretty good match.

There is a difference between bronze, and oil rubbed bronze however. Bronze is kind of a pink color, oil rubbed bronze is a dark brown. In real architectural finish, like door handles the oil rubbed finish wears in use to show nice highlights, Paint however will not five you this, but is does look pretty close to the real deal before it highlights.

Here is an idea of the finishes, The computer doesn't really do it justice but it is close.

Roger Shoaf