oil primer rained on, got soft

I oil primed aluminum gutters about 5 days ago. Yesterday the primer was dry and could not be scratched off with a fingernail today they were rained on and the primer seems to have softened up and now is easily scratched off.
Benjamin Moore primer.
Will it be all right after they are dry again?
rg wrote:

Right as rain...(assuming, of course, you used a primer intended for Al and prepared the surface properly, etc., etc, etc., ...).
Depending on the type of aluminum, a "standard" primer intended for housepaint may not work at all well. Would have to know far more than what you have said to have any hope of saying anything at all definitive other than it's somewhat surprising rain would have any really discernible effect if it was dry before the rain if it was indeed a suitable primer.

Per dpb's comments ... proper prep & primer is the key
Rain on paint is always a concern (as is humidity since it slow paint drying) but since it was 5 days ago I think you'll be ok if you let dry out.
Try & get some good sun exposure on the stuff.
I highly recommend JASCO Prep & Prime for aluminum prep...it cleans & etches the surface to provide a great surface for adhesion.
Available in SoCal at Vista paint & Ace hardware
cheers Bob

If it is soft it cant be real Oil primer, but it will dry out.