Oil in sealed motor?

Greetings
I have an undercut/jamb saw, which hasn't been used in years. The saw was used very little b/4 storing. I opened the case, and found oil inside the case. The saw wasn't stored flat, the case was stored upright, which puts the saw on its side.
Since there's no way of getting oil back in the saw, just wondered if this will present a problem. Will the saw burn up prematurely?
Thanks
David C. wrote: ...

Depends on how much was lost compared to what original quantity was.
And, there has to be a way to get oil in; if it was there initially it didn't get there by magic...

that doesn't follow. oil could have been added during manufacture, and the only way to add more would be to take it apart in such a way that it couldn't be put back together.
charlie wrote:

Oh, I never said it wouldn't possibly be destructive... :)
I've done things like drill through the case plastic and then tapped the hole for a small set screw or just epoxied in a plug to try to get a little extra life out of stuff like that.
There's virtually always a way...now the device may not be worth the effort, granted. :)

See if you can run some lighweight oil down the end of the motors shaft (at the endbell) . which will cause some to land on the bearings oil wick inside. If there is no shaft or place to run the oil down, then disregard and use it till it quits.
David C. wrote:

Drill a small hole and tap it. Stick in a grease needle and pump it full of grease then screw in a screw with a rubber washer. Grease won't run out so easily.
On 6/18/2009 8:50 AM Hipupchuck spake thus:

Well, if you're going to go to all that trouble, why not drill and tap a hole and install a grease fitting permanently? (That is, if the tool even takes grease; the O.P. said that oil came out. Grease doesn't replace oil.)
Me, I'd just take the damn thing apart. Haven't met a power tool yet that couldn't be dismantled and where I couldn't figure out how to replenish its lubricant. Not exactly rocket surgery.