oil furnace problem

Hi,we own an oil furnace and we started using it in this winter but the problem starts when the furnace do all the process , when the flame shut off you can see the smoke coming from chamber electrodes and the nozzle when I open the cap I see few drops of oil. I call a mechanic he change the nozzle, the head and the oil filter but it still doing the same thing I dont think is the oil pump because the mechanic come back to my house and the furnace is doing the same thing so I can't use it. I feel bad because I call a company and never fixed the furnace what can I do?

Reply to
sasha3

Does it ignite and heat the house, if so, a couple of drops of oil after shut-off is no need to panic. If it is still malfunctioning and the repair people agree that it is not functioning properly I would call whoever did the repairs and tell them they didn't fix it and they should come back at no cost to you to fix it properly.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Sounds like the shut off valve is not working. It is supposed to shut so the coasting of the pump to a stop will not pump oil.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw