Oil filled radiator gives off odor

I've got a Delonghi oil filled radiator that's about six years old. It has no visible leaks, but when hot it gives off an odor. It's subtle, but not pleasant and just strong enough to make us want to get rid of it. Does anyone know if this is typical? Repairable?

Reply to
Victek

Try cleaning off any old dust on it

Reply to
ransley

...and don't wax it.

Reply to
willshak

I have one that also puts out a slight oder. I don't worry about it. Just keep the dust off.

Reply to
Ron

Clean the surface well and be sure to put the dog out more often.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

do you have a pet that may have sprayed on it?

Reply to
jmhartle