Oil filled radiator gives off odor

I've got a Delonghi oil filled radiator that's about six years old. It has no visible leaks, but when hot it gives off an odor. It's subtle, but not pleasant and just strong enough to make us want to get rid of it. Does anyone know if this is typical? Repairable?

Try cleaning off any old dust on it
on 12/27/2007 12:59 PM ransley said the following:

...and don't wax it.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I have one that also puts out a slight oder. I don't worry about it. Just keep the dust off.

Clean the surface well and be sure to put the dog out more often.

do you have a pet that may have sprayed on it?