oil change

Page 4 of 5
On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 18:09:49 -0500, Stormin Mormon

They certainly don't want them to be able to live on their own. Lefties want the poor to be beholding to them. Ban low-cost stores and put all the peons on welfare - keep 'em on the plantation.
On 11/27/2013 4:57 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

You know, I should do some checking on this. I've heard that the US Military (can't remember which branch, maybe all of them) have the same concern. Not enough pay, and folks on food stamps. Thanks for giving me some to research.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Just think about it a while, Most likely you can get by without the rubber bands.

On 11/26/2013 07:15 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

true to some extent but especially with higher priced goods, service and ambience matter.
Go to a BMW dealership and then a Chevy dealership for an example... the BMW dealership's waiting area is nicer than the living room of anyone I regularly associate with, complete with a complimentary (yeah right, you're paying for it somehow) coffee and pastry bar lifted straight out of Starbuck's or Caribou or something like that. The restrooms look like the ones in that snooty nightclub that you never go to. The Chevy dealership has a Bunn-O-Matic in the corner and a stack of styrofoam cups.
We could debate all day whether a M3 is a better car than a Z28 and change each other's minds several times and eventually come to no clear conclusion, but the differences in the amount of coddlements you receive is undeniable. That is one of the reasons that among the general public BMW is perceived as a higher-end brand.
Personally I like kraut-burners and would love to drive a BMW and get service for Chevy prices, and I could care less about anything other than a chair, some coffee, and maybe some wi-fi. But I'm not your typical Bimmer customer...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

That's all true but in the end you are buying THE PRODUCT, not the service. Of course you can argue that the cost of the service is paid for in the higher price of the product but that's just rationalization. ALL products have "service" costs built into their prices, the stuff doesn't just materialize out of thin air at your house. If you don't buy the BMW you still got to sit in the nice waiting room and chat with the sales guy who is so good at stroking your ego.

Probably because you've never thought about it. If they weren't selling a service, you'd be buying from the manufacturer. Macy's doesn't *make* anything.

If they have nothing to sell, their service sucks. Duh!
On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:27:13 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Does it cost 5 times as much to cook garlic mashed potatoes in the ritzy place as it does at Joe's Diner. Probably not. And it well known from insider stories that the profit margin on "luxury cars" is WAY higher then on a Plymouth.

On 11/26/2013 07:13 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

In my experience the prices are higher in the less affluent neighborhoods (if stores exist at all), as shrinkage and vandalism are higher...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Do you still assert that they're selling only "products"? None of them *make* anything.
On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 04:08:55 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

All are valid reasons. I'm still of the opinion that at least part of the higher prices is intended to make the stores unattractive to "poor folk" because the rich folk the store is attempting to cater to don't want "wallmart people" clogging the aisles.
change:

Exactly so.
On 11/27/2013 08:22 AM, CRNG wrote:

Sadly, somewhat true.
It would be nice if the increase in price brought a concurrent increase in quality of the product sold, as well as nicer store amenities and lack of riffraff. (although in some places I'm probably the riffraff, but whatever...) In some cases I can see it. In others, it's just a nicer store selling the same made in China crap...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Absurd. They *do* want people with money clogging their aisles, though. It always makes sense to sell to people with money to spend. I even do that (work for someone with money to spend).
On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 14:13:40 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

It's a balancing act. If the walmart people had the money and came there it would drive away the clientele that's their main customers. So it's not simply that they want ANY people with money, they are looking at the appropriate price level to keep out almost all the walmart people yet still attract the hippies and yuppies who will pay twice as much for an "organic" apple. If we were talking about a mail order place you'd be right, they don't care who buys from them, all they ever see is the money and all the customers ever see is the models pictured in the ads, not the other customers.

..and I'm sure you think that they would refuse that money. LOL! You're almost as dumb as the old bag.

Bullshit. Certainly they're looking for people with money (a pretty good strategy) but they really don't care who that is. All they care about is the money. That's the way it should be.

Bullshit. High-end stores don't eject people with holes in their clothes. You really do have HiggsMoron's disease.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Hmmm, Seems like it. He may be also afraid to walk into a store in Harlem neighborhood.

Given the "knock out" threat and the inability for people in NY to protect themselves, there could be good reason to be afraid, but not of the stores.
On Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:03:27 AM UTC-8, Tony Hwang wrote:

[...]
Tony wrote: (sorry name snipped in error]
Hmmm,

(a) Who are we talking about? (b) Been in Harlem lately? I was there last January and frequently before that. Getting very trendy. Better not check it out; might lose a delusion.
HB

he gets his delusions wholesale courtesy of the limbaugh/Norquist twitterati so he's in no danger of being delusion-free
On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 12:39:11 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Ah, isn't that cute. The Malformed liar is lying to another pathological liar, HiggsMoron. It's just such a Kodak moment!