oil change

That's all true but in the end you are buying THE PRODUCT, not the service. Of course you can argue that the cost of the service is paid for in the higher price of the product but that's just rationalization. ALL products have "service" costs built into their prices, the stuff doesn't just materialize out of thin air at your house. If you don't buy the BMW you still got to sit in the nice waiting room and chat with the sales guy who is so good at stroking your ego.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Yesterday, I needed a couple rubber bands. I walked all around Walmart, twice, and could not find the stationary department. I also didn't find any employees to ask. I did get three quart of transmission fluid which I did need. I then checked Dollar Tree, and did not find any rubber bands. I still don't have any rubber bands. After I shovel all the snow the plows left in my driveway, I may go to Office Max.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Every WalMart I've been in has an Office Supply department. Usually not far from the electronics.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 17:11:43 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote in Re Re: oil change:

Exactly so.

Reply to
CRNG

Sadly, somewhat true.

It would be nice if the increase in price brought a concurrent increase in quality of the product sold, as well as nicer store amenities and lack of riffraff. (although in some places I'm probably the riffraff, but whatever...) In some cases I can see it. In others, it's just a nicer store selling the same made in China crap...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

69 posts and no one busted your balls yet?
Reply to
Thomas

Probably because you've never thought about it. If they weren't selling a service, you'd be buying from the manufacturer. Macy's doesn't *make* anything.

If they have nothing to sell, their service sucks. Duh!

Reply to
krw

Do you still assert that they're selling only "products"? None of them *make* anything.

Reply to
krw

Absurd. They *do* want people with money clogging their aisles, though. It always makes sense to sell to people with money to spend. I even do that (work for someone with money to spend).

Reply to
krw

it gets dark and dumping my old oil in

That's totally amazing. Someone like me ought have caught on that. Guess not?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'll bet a lot of us caught it and ignored it. I did because I didn't it believe it to be true.

Same for the response that was related to straddling a creek with the vehicle and draining directly into the water.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I reserve comment. :-)

Reply to
Nightcrawler®

Surprised a good Christian would even set foot in Walmart, a den of thieves that underpays their help so badly that they have to go on food stamps -- which you and I pay for with our taxes.

WWJT?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Just think about it a while, Most likely you can get by without the rubber bands.

Reply to
Larry W

You still ragging on Walmart, old bag? Get a life. Walmart is a boon to the poor. You lefties have no compassion at all.

Reply to
krw

I've seen college kids drain into a garbage bag, and drag that to a storm drain to dump. I thought that was outrageous.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You know, I should do some checking on this. I've heard that the US Military (can't remember which branch, maybe all of them) have the same concern. Not enough pay, and folks on food stamps. Thanks for giving me some to research.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

in Walmart, a den of thieves that underpays their help so badly that they have to go on food stamps -- which you and I pay for with our taxes.

Wouldn't lefties want everyone on food stamps? OTOH, Walmart is an easily attacked example of success. Now, that gives me more to consider.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

They certainly don't want them to be able to live on their own. Lefties want the poor to be beholding to them. Ban low-cost stores and put all the peons on welfare - keep 'em on the plantation.

Reply to
krw

It's a balancing act. If the walmart people had the money and came there it would drive away the clientele that's their main customers. So it's not simply that they want ANY people with money, they are looking at the appropriate price level to keep out almost all the walmart people yet still attract the hippies and yuppies who will pay twice as much for an "organic" apple. If we were talking about a mail order place you'd be right, they don't care who buys from them, all they ever see is the money and all the customers ever see is the models pictured in the ads, not the other customers.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher