oil-based sealer on new driveway

Hi, I just had my driveway paved with new asphalt. The contractor was going to add an oil-based top sealer but ran out of same. He is supposed to come back next week. In the meantime, several people whom I spoke to told me to wait a few months before this is one. Can someone advise me please. thanks, Monika

Reply to
Monika

If you haven't paid for it, put it hold for a while. Find out what the product is, what benefits, warranties, costs. Might turn out to be a feel-good profit item for the contractor with no special merit for you. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Ditto that - every paving contractor I know recommends waiting 1 full year before seal coating, but I'm not sure what materials we are talking about in your situation.

Proceed with caution and informed decision making.

BTW - PLEASE let's not let this thread become a debate about "to seal or not to seal" ok.....? ;-)

Reply to
Jackson