Hi, I just had my driveway paved with new asphalt. The contractor was going
to add an oil-based top sealer but ran out of same. He is supposed to come
back next week. In the meantime, several people whom I spoke to told me to
wait a few months before this is one.
Can someone advise me please.
If you haven't paid for it, put it hold for a while. Find out what the
product is, what benefits, warranties, costs. Might turn out to be a
feel-good profit item for the contractor with no special merit for
Ditto that - every paving contractor I know recommends waiting 1 full year
before seal coating, but I'm not sure what materials we are talking about in
Proceed with caution and informed decision making.
BTW - PLEASE let's not let this thread become a debate about "to seal or not
to seal" ok.....?
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.