Offset Plumbing For Wider Whirlpool?

I want to install a 32" wide whirlpool to replace a 30" soaker tub.

The existing 30" tub is enclosed on 3 sides within a space in a wall that's

32.5" deep so I have enough width to accommodate a 32" wide whirlpool tub.

The problem is that the plumbing, faucet and drain, is centered on a 30" tub and I need to center the plumbing on a 32" wide whirlpool tub.

In other words, I have to offset the plumbing by 1". The bathroom is on the second floor. I have copper water pipes and PVC drain pipes. I have not yet removed the old tub.

Question: 1. Will the copper water feed and PVC drain pipe "bend" over by 1" somehow? 2. Are there special fittings to offset the plumbing by 1"? 3. Will I have to remove/cut-off the existing plumbing from the basement and re-plumb the PVC drain and the copper water feed all the way up to the second floor?

Reply to
Jim

No one can answer this until you tear into and expose the plumbing.

Generally speaking a 1" offset on the supply lines can be achieved quite easy. Unless there is a floor joist is in the way a 1" offset on the drain line is also easy. That "unless" is the big unknown.

In almost all cases it can be done without running new lines from the basement. The scary part for you is that you have to tear out what you have before you can figure out the solution.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt