Off Topic .. Sorry .. Can't Resist

Page 1 of 2
News of the Polk County, Florida, shooting of the cop-killer. Ten officers surrounded the perpetrator, only nine of them fired. Total rounds fired: 110. Number of bullets which hit perp: 68. What is wrong with these guys? And why did only 9 of them fire weapons? I demand an investigation.
Norminn wrote:

After he was hit a couple of times he was flopping and became a moving target :)

Buck fever...
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Norminn wrote:

You nor few others will agree with me but the reasoning behind all of this lies much deeper than few realize. Due to the cold fact that they to are also in the same boat , just in a different seat with a different paddle. Ninety percent of what goes on today is performed by either presnt or past drug addicts. Whos brains were fried (TV Add) and they either don't have now or never recovered the ability to reason sensibly. Yes they may have became drug free, but the effect the drugs had on their stage of mentality has never been rationalized. This is my observed opinion from being among drug addicts. Once they use drugs they lose certain mental functions that are never regained regardless of how long they remain drug free. In other words they lose various brain functions It looks like only one may have been really clean.
Jack wrote:

Not to mention the poor screwed up kids they may have helped create because of breeding after they had effed up their genetic material with the drugs they were abusing.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

The cops arresting Rodney King were "batting out of turn". I suspect these cops did not want to be accused of something similar. How did they miss so many times? -- Oren

If they had him surrounded, they're lucky they didn't hit each other.

Because he was partially concealed.

Perhaps that's why only NINE of them fired their weapons?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

They were so close they were shooting down so the misses hit the dirt, \\
--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/

They fired at extremely long range - 10 feet.

Wow, that is long range (for cops). No wonder they had so many hits ;)
--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/

Well,their score was better than the NYPD in Amadou Diallo's case. IIRC,that was 19 hits out of 40 rounds fired.
BTW,people do not drop dead immediately after being shot with the first round.(unless it's a head shot)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

majorities will bask in violence as long as violence is glamorized in any given society
More felony persuits need to be handled like this.

Now you're going to anger the "protect the criminals" crowd.(liberals)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Actually, its called "Hug-A-Thug"
Regards, Ed
Norminn wrote:

In New York (1999), four officers fired 41 rounds at a mope not more than 15 feet away, hitting him only 19 times (46%).
This is why police officers (aside from Barney Fife) carry more than one bullet.
It's also called "suppressive fire."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Diallo_(shooting_victim)
Extensive investigations were held in the Diallo shooting (above), even a trial. The four officers were acquitted and the US attorney declined to press federal charges.
1,700 angry Muslims, blacks, and other assorted fools were arrested in the protests over the shootings.
One study was done in Korea; as I recall, UN troops expended 6,000 rounds of small arms ammunition for each "kill."

10th was eating popcorn watching the show?

They were POLICE, they were eating donuts ;)
--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/

Silly me. Of course, you are right!!!

As I underestand it, getting better than 50% hits is fairly unusual.
I'm more confused about how you get 110 rounds out of 9 weapons... Somebody had time to re-load?