[off topic] Glow in the dark alarm clock

Page 1 of 3

Where can I get a battery alarm clock which has hands that can be read in the dark?
Add pictures here
✖

Argos £2.50
Add pictures here
✖
On 23/03/10 14:35, TMC wrote:

Extravagant! I'd check Poundland first.
--
Bernard Peek
snipped-for-privacy@shrdlu.com

Don't... just don't.
NT
Add pictures here
✖

Why ever not? They work, I have one. Clearly you can't say the same about everything at poundland but if Argos can sell 'em for £2.50 then £1 is probably about the right price.
MBQ
Add pictures here
✖

I bought a pack of 3, not one of them worked well enough to be any use. All kept losing big chunks of time - and yes, the batteries were good.
NT
Add pictures here
✖
Bernard Peek wrote:

OH MY GOD! The British have their version of our Dollar Store.
ROTFLMAO
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 05:11:13 UTC, The Daring Dufas

Actually we go one better - 99p stores :-)
--
Regards
Dave Saville
Dave Saville wrote:

And these stores are stocked with items from which former colony?
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I'm not aware that China (or at least the vast majority of it) was ever a British colony.
Where else did you think all that cheap tat comes from?
Add pictures here
✖
Andrew May wrote:

Hong Kong and India perhaps?
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I don't think there is much low cost manufacturing in Hong Kong any more. Twenty years ago maybe but now most of that has been moved to the mainland and Hong Kong seems to be mainly financial services and the like.
India is another matter. Over here I seldom see anything marked as manufactured in India except perhaps clothes. But I can't for sure say why. My perception is that the Indian growth is based more on things like call centres, software services outsourcing and heavy engineering like steel making and cars. None of which are sold in Pound Shops.
Certainly in my professional capacity I get much spam offering manufactured goods from China and software subcontracting from India but not vice-versa.
Andrew
Add pictures here
✖
Andrew May wrote:

I often see tools manufactured in India and Pakistan at the Harbor Freight store. It reminds me of what I used to see many years ago coming from Japan then years later from Hong Kong. Inexpensive and roughly finished products seem to come from countries as they first hit the global market then later, as the manufacturers gain experience, the products improve in quality and value.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 25, 11:12 am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-

* * USA of course! Also known as New China as they now own you. Pound stores are the only ones that are increasing. Everything else is closing. Even the charity shops are closing, they can't get enough stock.
Add pictures here
✖

I have a relative that is upper middle management of a global electronics manufacturing company. One of their main plants is in the USA and is quite busy and profitable. The big electronics devices they manufacture are in high demand AND one of their biggest locations where they ship is mainland China. Imagine that: a USA-based manufacturing plant shipping electronics to China.<grin>
--
Nonny
Suppose you were an idiot.

Charity shops might not have enough stock but they have plenty of volunteers, the Govs "New Deal" for the unemployed forces them to volunteer for charity shops or lose their job seekers benefits.
Steve Terry -- Get a free Three 3pay Sim with £2 bonus after £10 top up http://freeagent.three.co.uk/stand/view/id/5276
Add pictures here
✖

The best one I've seen lately was boasting "Everything from a pound!". Methinks they Just Don't Get It.
--
Mike Barnes

Add pictures here
✖
Mike Barnes wrote:

How long do you have to 'pound' them?

✖
On 25/03/10 09:57, Dave Saville wrote:

In one high street I've seen a Poundland, a 99, a 98 and a 97p shop. There are at least three other chains that follow similar themes.
--
Bernard Peek
snipped-for-privacy@shrdlu.com
✖

and getting it back on topic, 99p stores have a calling card which seems reasonable value, seems to have been provided by TalkTalk?