Odd size toilet

Do toilets come in a specal close fit (less set back from the drain to the wall)?

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

yes

--

Reply to
dpb

Yes.

See:

"Step 1: Measure the rough-in distance?the distance from the wall behind the bowl to the center of the toilet floor drain. Measure from the wall to the center of either of the two hold-down bolts, one on each side of the toilet, that hold the fixture to the floor. If there are two bolts on each side, measure to the center of the rear bolt.

Step 2: Select the replacement toilet unit using the rough-in distance so that it will fit properly in your bathroom. You can replace your old toilet with a more modern fixture, but you must make sure that the new unit will fit into the space between the drainpipe and the wall. You can install a smaller unit, but you cannot put a larger toilet into a space that was occupied by a smaller fixture."

Oren

Our has always been the Thundermug 2000 with the reclining feature and heel stirrups.

Reply to
Nonny

*I have seen toilets with a 10" rough-in.
Reply to
John Grabowski

Standard is 12", and 10" are commonly available by special order or a plumbing supply house.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Thanks everyone. I stopped at my usuall supplier and the person I spoke to did not have a clue aparently. They usally have well infomrmed sales staff, therefor my question.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

Older units up the WWII were 14". Toto makes some models that can be set to a number of different setbacks.

Reply to
EXT

Some toilets are what we in the UK term "close coupled", ie the tank sits right on top of the bowl. These are a pain in th bum if the soil pipe is rising vertically out of the floor as they can only go in one position & may leave a gap between the tank and the wall or alternatively there may be not enough space. The alternative is to get one where the tank is connected to the bowl with a short pipe which can be cut off to suit (within limits that is). Another problem is if the pipe is horizontal, it may be at the wrong height for the toilet. There are eccentric connectors to overcome this problem if the difference is not too great.

Reply to
harry

What size poo do you make?

Reply to
Stepfann King

I instaled one a few months ago and it was adjustable. The tank could slide about 2 inches or so and the holls in the seat part was slotted.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle