"Odd" Lamp Fixture Replacement Request

We live on the Atlantic ocean shore. My grandfather, 30 -> 35 years ago, fabricated a minature decorative light house. It has since been our Noted, front yard fixture; ala go the light house ...
Our light house is is ~ 5 1/2 feet tall. The bottom base diameter is 26 inches, the top plate is 12 inches. It has been frequently repainted, maintained. Still those many years of shore wear, including hurricanes Irene & Sandy, have ruined our original top decorative globe/ light fixture.
Might anyone have an idea, where I could purchase a replacement? The unit would need to have a base mounting plate, that I could screw mount onto that 12" top plate.
I sure would like to replace that light/ globe. Any possible sources, for a replacement, would be Greatly appreciated !!
-dave
Note: I do not anticipate finding another globe, akin to one would fnd on a "real" light house. I am looking for a globe/ light fixture, one that would have both a base mounting (on a 12 inch base) and "look good" ...
On 9/18/2014 12:18 PM, Dave C wrote:

You don't specify the dimensions of the globe....cylinder or bulging?
Dave C wrote:

Google is your friend:
http://www.lighthouseman.com
Might be something here

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:51:32 -0600, "idlehands" <hidefromu@nospam h u s h.c0m> wrote:

That site offers many viable options. Thanks for the link; and to the other responders to my post.