Odd garbage disposal problem

When I try to run my garbage disposal, all I get is a buzzing noise.
Yeah, I've turned it with an allen wrench until the allen wrench turns freely. I've also pushed the red button. No luck. For the heck of it, I tried unplugging it, too, which didn't do me any good.
The funny thing is that this happened right before we went on vacation in March. When I came back, it worked just fine until last week.
It's an In Sink Erator Pro 333, about four years old, if that makes a difference. I also discovered that the pipe leading out of the disposal has a slow leak--is that going to have an effect? Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one?
Robert P. wrote:

Find the paperwork; that unit may be under warranty. (Sounds like a starting winding/centrif switch.)
Jim

I had the same unit. Mine was three years old. A bad seal was leaking water into the motor. I'll bet lunch that's your problem. I called their 800 # & was referred to their local warranty folks.
The local people in my town immediately asked if this was a 333. No questions asked- they sent someone out that day with a replacement. The tech. said he replaces them all the time. I never even needed to show a reciept.They apparently made thousands of them with bad seals.
The new one came with a 'brand new' 4 year warranty.
That's damn good customer service.

The red button is for the overload protector. If your unit is humming, it *didn't* trip the overload.

I believe the Pro 333 has a 5-year warranty in which case you should call ISE with the *complete model and serial number* off the unit, for service. Both parts and in-home labour should be covered.
If you don't have the bill of sale proving it is still within the warranty period, ISE may allow you to use the product manufacturing date as the date of sale. Hopefully, it is within the warranty period.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=garbage+disposer
=~~~~~~