ODD eyelet screws?

I asked my friend to pick up a couple of eyelets at one of those dollar sto res. She picked these up and I do not know what they actually are. Of cour se, its made in China and no info on the package, not even a name. Maybe it s a typical item in China. As you can see it has a couple of washers, a nut , and what maybe an anchor. But what confuses me is the tail end. Anyone he re familiar with them?
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w120/Boothbay_bucket/102_0382.jpg
On 2016-06-04 7:48 AM, Frank wrote:

Looks like a type of wedge anchor used to mount things in concrete.
https://www.confast.com/products/thunderstud-anchor.aspx
Haven't seen one quite like that.
--
"It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it's
been through a blender first.
On 06/04/2016 8:48 AM, Frank wrote:

Expansion anchor bolt for solid hole mounting; this one happens to have a hook for the working end.
Pretty common, DAGS for "expansion anchor"

On 6/4/2016 9:48 AM, Frank wrote:

I did click on the link. The page loaded. There was a bunch of advertising at top. I started to scroll down, and saw a some kind of bolt. Then, the page turned dark and I could barely see the picture. Then a pop up window showes up in the lower left, and started jiggling, and giving me nausea and sea sickness. Oh, look! A squirrel!
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 06/04/2016 07:48 AM, Frank wrote:

You've never seen an expansion anchor?
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 1:28:48 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

stores. She picked these up and I do not know what they actually are. Of course, its made in China and no info on the package, not even a name. Mayb e its a typical item in China. As you can see it has a couple of washers, a nut, and what maybe an anchor. But what confuses me is the tail end. Anyon e here familiar with them?

Well, I am not a professional like you, but they say that they do strange t hings in China. Did You ever see at the end of the anchor a solid tapered e nd? I haven't.
Frank wrote:

I have , and have used them . The nut pushes the sleeve down against the taper , expanding it to tightly grip the sides of the hole . The tighter the nut , the tighter the grip - and they work very very well .
--
Snag

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 8:19:59 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:

Oh! I've always stuck the hook through a hole in the wall and then hung my objects on that tapered end. If you balance everything just right - and don't bump it - it works pretty well. I've always wondered what that nut was for. I gotta admit, it's really hard to get off.
Maybe I need to thicken up my drywall and then try inserting the tapered end first. Thanks!
DerbyDad03 wrote:

You are yankin' my chain aren't you ? I guess I should have made it clear that they're for masonry use , though it was mentioned elsewhere in the thread ...
--
Snag

On Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 6:45:26 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:

Sorry, that message was meant for someone else...your post made the most sense and thank you.
On 06/04/2016 05:13 PM, Frank wrote:

I'm a professional programmer not a maintenance person. However it is readily apparent if you stick the sleeve into a slightly oversized hole, hold the hook, and tighten the nut, it will draw the tapered end into the sleeve, expanding it.
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 11:21:55 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

maybe your in the wrong profession...become a handy man.LOL
'Frank[_20_ Wrote: > ;3573494']I asked my friend to pick up a couple of eyelets at one of > those dollar stores. She picked these up and I do not know what they > actually are. Of course, its made in China and no info on the package, > not even a name. Maybe its a typical item in China. As you can see it > has a couple of washers, a nut, and what maybe an anchor. But what > confuses me is the tail end. Anyone here familiar with them?

That is a hook bolt sleeve anchor use in concrete or masonry.
--
NicholasMeleeMan