Odd Backset Door Handle

I have a french door with an odd backset for the handle, 2" even. I would have to drill a cavity for the standard latch cylinder to fit, but it would actually go into the glass channel. NOT a good option. Does anybody have a source for the 2" backset door handle?

Thanks

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

What you have is often called an Atrium Door lockset.

Robert Allison

That is nothing like what I have. It is the same setup as a modern door handle, but with only a 2" backset. It is not the old style handle.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Also not paying 1/2 the price of a whole new door!

Reply to
Mike Dobony

These look a bit pricey to me:

These looked a bit better:

DanG

I am sorry, I tried, but I was unable to see your door handle from here. You asked for a 2" backset and I showed you one. I will not respond to any more of your requests for information, since I did not give you exactly what you wanted.

Reply to
Robert Allison

You are a total jerk. If I knew enough about door handles to give you the full information I would have had enough information to not have to ask.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Still too expensive for the application. I am going to look around for a door handle which has a square versus half cylinder turnign mechanism and continue to use the existing latch cylinder.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

It'd help a whole bunch if you could find and post a brand name from the hardware, and maybe post a pic somewhere. (not here). Most locksets have a brand name stamped somewhere, even if it is only internally.

aem sends...

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

It'll be the weekend before I coiudl get there again and want to get it fixed this weekend. The links from Dan were way too expensive for the application. I have other alternatives available. There were no markings on the hardware at all. I looked, but not internally. Robert helped in giving me a new style to do a search on, but again, too expensive. If worse comes to worst, I have a knob which has a fixed 2 3/8" backset and standard round knobs I can use if I can't find a lever type handle with a square drive for the cylindar, as opposed to the common 1/2 cylinder.

Reply to
Mike Dobony