Obstruction in toilet flush passage

Hi Folks. I have a toilet that is slow-flushing because of an obstruction in the flush passage between the (upper) tank and the (lower) bowl.

I think the obstruction is a plastic disk, the size of a quarter, that formerly held the styrofoam float in place on the chain above the flapper. The plastic disk got loose somehow, and is stuck somewhere in the flush passage between the tank and the bowl.

Can someone tell me how to get the obstruction out ot flush passage?

The toilet in an American Standard, 6 Lpf, 1.6 gpf.

Thanks! Freddy

Reply to
Freddy

You might try shutting off the water supply, removing the tank flapper and using a wet/dry shop vac to try and suck it back out through the flush passage. Empty the sop vac before you start so you'll have a easier time seeing if what you think is stuck in there did get sucked out.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Have you tried to turn the water off to the toilet, removing the flapper valve and using a shop vac (wet/dry)? Or you could also remove the top tank from the lower section (two bolts go through the upper section that hold the tank to the bowl) the opening to the bowl could be suctioned out.

On a side note, I can not imagine that the plastic piece could block enough water to cause a slow flush. Do you have enough water in the tank to create the proper flush? Is the water level in the tank at the fill line inside of the tank? I would check these first.

-Lee

Reply to
flb51notthis