Obscuring Store Window During Renovations

I need to obscure a plate glass window during renovations. Have seen a white, milky, liquid substance applied which yields a translucent barrier on the window.
Can you tell me what this substance is, and how easy is it to remove?
THANK YOU.
jimleong wrote:

its a kinda spray paint, and can be removed with mineral spirits when your done
jimleong wrote in message

I think it's Glass Wax, which removes easily.
Cheri

White shoe polish (like Lust married on car windows)?
Oren
jimleong wrote:

Butcher paper?

Around here, people just go down to the newspaper, and buy stub rolls of newsprint, and use that and painter's tape. Of course, for the rich stores out at the mall, they keep a stock of pre-made panels sitting out back (lotsa turnover) and build a temporary wall, painted all pretty, several feet out from the glass. (They make them change it all between tenants, and even make long term tenants change their frontage every X years. And they wonder why they are half-vacant the last few years?)
Don't make it complicated- use whatever is cheap and convenient. Any particular reason you don't want the customers watching, and getting curious and anxious for opening day? Or is this something other than a store?
aem sends...

Bed sheets, blankets, old drapes from a second hand store.... Cheap, easy to remove....
jimleong wrote:

People used to use a cake of Bon Ami. It just wipes off.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
jimleong wrote:

I suggest the GlassWax or BonAmi suggestions as both are glass cleaners and you get a clean window when you are done.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Frankly I think some BIG COMING SOON A ALL NEW AND IMPROVED XXXXX
Sign may be more useful than plain old white wash.
People will be walking by and looking use the opportunity to get them thinking of what wonderful junk they will be buying from your store:)

Actually, if this was my store, I'd put an almost naked woman in the window, waving at people, with a sign that says "Coming Soon" over her naked breasts..... People will be waiting in line for the store to open.... :)
jimleong wrote:

Aluminum Foil.... :) I still see this on some peoples houses. Man, thats bad.
I vote for a swim suit model! In stilettos:) Perhaps add a good looking guy for the gals?