obnoxious door bell

This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are kind of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.

I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though someone may have come across something like this.

Thanks

Reply to
Bob

How about one of them industrial telephone buzzers?

Reply to
Meat Plow

It might be in the electrical department and not the doorbell department but I think they still sell the bells with a round bell and a metal clapper on the side. There are at least two sizes. The small one is about 4 inhces high. See if you can buy the large one.

Reply to
mm

Go to an electrical supply shop and get a timed-relay. When you push the doorbell button, you trip the relay and the adjustable timer will trip whatever you have hooked up to it for as as long as you'd like. Then hookup whatever you'd like -- maybe a TV tuned to Jerry Springer or something.

I have might set up slightly differently (but sometimes a little annoyingly). When my motion detector goes turns on (day or night), it triggers the doorbell. So my doorbell goes off while the person is coming up the driveway. But windy days it will sometimes right just to be annoying (if leaves or something trip the motion detector).

Reply to
Pat

Auto parts store? Ask for klaxon (the "ah-oog-ah" sound).

You can also get an air horn (like on diesel locomotives).

For something really irritating, I can send you a recording of my ex-wife screaming "Fiona, you tart, you can't have Hubert!"

Reply to
HeyBub

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

You could try a double-tech, infrared and whatchamacallit have to be tripped at the same time. But even these will false I think on a hot breeze.

Reply to
mm

Nah. I just shut if off when it gets like that. It's not like I get too many visitors anyway. And besides, the dog is just as effective. The bell if from the BD (before dog) era.

Reply to
Pat

Here's what I have in my back hallway, so I don't miss hearing it:

I rigged up three 6-volt lantern batteries to power it through a doorbell switch, saving $$/year on running a transformer 24/7.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Each Halloween, I re-route the switch wire from my doorbell to a set of genuine International harvester truck air horns positioned behind a hay bale near our front door. If you have an air supply and really want to know how to hook it up, email me.

Reply to
Steve Barker

...In article ,

//

.. Bob wrote:

If you try an industrial supply co. such as Grainger, MSC, etc. you can probably find a fire alarm that will do the job.

Reply to
Larry W

Start with the doorbell at this site, add an amp and a 5 channel surround sound speaker system and you should be good to go.

P.S. The site also includes a link to sources for school and factory bells

DerbyDad03

How about the mechanically cranked through-door doorbell that lehmans sells?

Reply to
Goedjn

My grandmother had one of those.

Reply to
mm

You have to find one that can play a loud recording:

"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!!"

Reply to
Rich256