obnoxious door bell

This might sound strange but has anyone know where I can buy a really obnoxiously loud door bell? I have been searching online and can't find much. The musical tone ones I have seen at homedepot and the like are kind of wimpy. A fog horn or loud bell would do nicely.
I know most people in here shop in home type stores and I though someone may have come across something like this.
Thanks
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:19:05 -0400, Bob wrote:

How about one of them industrial telephone buzzers?

It might be in the electrical department and not the doorbell department but I think they still sell the bells with a round bell and a metal clapper on the side. There are at least two sizes. The small one is about 4 inhces high. See if you can buy the large one.

How about the mechanically cranked through-door doorbell that lehmans sells?

My grandmother had one of those.

Go to an electrical supply shop and get a timed-relay. When you push the doorbell button, you trip the relay and the adjustable timer will trip whatever you have hooked up to it for as as long as you'd like. Then hookup whatever you'd like -- maybe a TV tuned to Jerry Springer or something.
I have might set up slightly differently (but sometimes a little annoyingly). When my motion detector goes turns on (day or night), it triggers the doorbell. So my doorbell goes off while the person is coming up the driveway. But windy days it will sometimes right just to be annoying (if leaves or something trip the motion detector).
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:34:38 -0000, Pat

You could try a double-tech, infrared and whatchamacallit have to be tripped at the same time. But even these will false I think on a hot breeze.

Nah. I just shut if off when it gets like that. It's not like I get too many visitors anyway. And besides, the dog is just as effective. The bell if from the BD (before dog) era.
Bob wrote:

Auto parts store? Ask for klaxon (the "ah-oog-ah" sound).
You can also get an air horn (like on diesel locomotives).
For something really irritating, I can send you a recording of my ex-wife screaming "Fiona, you tart, you can't have Hubert!"
http://www.hornblasters.com /

Bob writes:

Here's what I have in my back hallway, so I don't miss hearing it:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber906
I rigged up three 6-volt lantern batteries to power it through a doorbell switch, saving $$/year on running a transformer 24/7.
Each Halloween, I re-route the switch wire from my doorbell to a set of genuine International harvester truck air horns positioned behind a hay bale near our front door. If you have an air supply and really want to know how to hook it up, email me.
--
Steve Barker

"Bob" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
//
..

If you try an industrial supply co. such as Grainger, MSC, etc. you can probably find a fire alarm that will do the job.

Start with the doorbell at this site, add an amp and a 5 channel surround sound speaker system and you should be good to go.
http://hackedgadgets.com/2007/03/12/recorded-audio-doorbell /
P.S. The site also includes a link to sources for school and factory bells
http://www.ats-usa.com/overture/bellmenu.html?gclid=CKnMwKSm2YwCFRyOFQod_FXXKg

You have to find one that can play a loud recording:
"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!!"