Object in sky in CA.

I have noticed in CA. the past few days a very bright object in the sky. It seems to appear early and drops out of sight in the evening. It also produces a low level of heat, but what is really odd it draws people out of there houses. At first I made the children stay inside but finally gave in making them wear tinted protective eyewear warning them not to look directly at the object. It's not out today so maybe my fears are over. Any suggestions what to do if it comes back? Has anyone in CA. noticed this besides me?
430 No such article
I have noticed in CA. the past few days a very bright object in the sky. It seems to appear early and drops out of sight in the evening. It also produces a low level of heat, but what is really odd it draws people out of there houses. At first I made the children stay inside but finally gave in making them wear tinted protective eyewear warning them not to look directly at the object. It's not out today so maybe my fears are over. Any suggestions what to do if it comes back? Has anyone in CA. noticed this besides me?
Have you looked out your window this weekend?

After the last one had me going, I can't wait to see how this one transpires.. Searcher