Oak Tree removal

Page 2 of 2
The idea of making sure they are all bdding on the same thing is vital.
Suggest you type out a list f what you ant done, give every bidder the list, get their bid writen right onto the list.
Examples of thngs I'd include on the list taht Id want from each bidder are:
1. Provide me an insurance binder from you liability company. Have your insuance agent or insurance company fax it directly to me at (phone number). Sorry, no, a copy of the policy from you is not enough. I have to know the policy is still in force:
2. Work:
a. cut down tree.
b. cut tree into 16" rounds for my woodstove, I'll split.
- or- b. tree feller cuts and removes all trunk pieces.
c. limb out tree and leave all branches for kindling for my wood stove; I'll clean yard
- or - c. tree feller limbs out and cleans up all limbs, branches and leaves;
d. tree feller grinds out stump;
-or - d. leave stump as is, cutting to 2" above ground.
Obviously you choose only 1 version of tems b, c and d.
Just get all you bids on the same basis.
Id be looking for:
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
I have learned to hate trees, after 10 years and $ 10,000 in removing collapsed or sick trees, I now enjoy the trees on my neighbors properties, preferable in the distance. Trees end up being nothing but an expensive nuisance and danger, especially huge eucalyptus trees, pines trees, willow trees and oaks. What you may gain in resale value you have to pay for in maintenance and removal.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

I too, love my neighbors trees and consider them mine to view and enjoy.
However, I have lots of trees and they increase the value of my property by $10,000 .

a place to live and chirp, give the squirrels something to live on. The roots help regenerate and stabilize the soil. The needles and leaves add fresh compost to the soil. The leaves provide oxygen back to the atmosphere that grass simply can't do in large amounts. Yeah they can be a pain, the limbs litter the ground, they occasionally fall on the house or property but unless you live in an old-growth forest that couldn't happen but once in a decade

Yeah. Right.
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
"Jim McLaughlin" <jim.mclaughlin> wrote in message

Yeah, right.
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
Not if I were the purchaser of your home. I would knock off 10,000 from your price. :-)
--
Walter
www.rationality.net
Freckles wrote:

Exact same thing last year in Houston. Last spring, my oak woke up dead. After waiting a couple of months to make sure it just wasn't trying to trick me, I had it taken down.
I used a neighborhood handy-man. He cut up the tree and hauled the bits to the curb. Did not grind the stump.
One hundred and eighty dollars. Plus a few cold drinks.
review your property survey and hope it is on the city property. then ask them to remove it.
"FREE OAK TREE" sign and advertise like crazy locally. maybe the newspaper or local tv station has a slow news day and will run it as a feature.
hang a nice swing from a branch and a FOR SALE sign on the house. :)
Freckles wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:34:19 -0500, "Freckles"

I paid $1800 to have a 60' Beech tree removed from my property. Expect to pay more if there are wires in the way or if the police have to be called in to direct traffic around the work area.
wrotF:

I could have paid that much for my tree. If you schedule for during the winter you can sometimes get a discount.

I guess when you do it after a hurricane you get hosed but I bet my ($6000) neighbor knows that