Oak Tree removal

300 years old, and only 40' tall??? Yeah, right. We're talking about oak here, not bristlecone pine.
Reply to
Doug Miller

Most oak varities will never see 40 feet tall.

Reply to
JimL

By all means take it down. Your original post did not mention house damage, etc. Since it affects the home next door, perhaps the expense of removal can be shared or off-set a little with the neighbor.

Oren

Reply to
Oren

You're joking, right?

Reply to
Doug Miller

The oak trees we had on our farm back in Kentucky were at least three feet in diameter and well over 100 feet tall. There were hundreds of them all over the area in Kentucky where I lived.

Reply to
Freckles

Yeah, right.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

For every 100 foot oak tree, there are a million scrub oak and blackjack oak with an average height of 15 to 25 feet.

Reply to
JimL

Millions?

Those may be called trees, but I think they are actually bushes or shrubs.

Reply to
Freckles

I think we need to understand there are lots of kinds of oaks. If you ere in the south or west an oak is a knarled bushy thing that may be

30' high. (scrub oak, live oak etc) In the north central states and north east they are telephone poles with leaves on them (pin oak, white oak, red oak).
Reply to
gfretwell

I live in the south west and the oaks in my yard are about 40 feet high. When I moved into this house 4 years ago those trees were less than 30 feet tall. They are red oaks.

According to my encyclopedia a scrub oak is a shrub, not a tree.

Reply to
Freckles

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:34:19 -0500, "Freckles" wrotF:

I paid $1800 to have a 60' Beech tree removed from my property. Expect to pay more if there are wires in the way or if the police have to be called in to direct traffic around the work area.

Reply to
46erjoe
46erjoe wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I could have paid that much for my tree. If you schedule for during the winter you can sometimes get a discount.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

I guess when you do it after a hurricane you get hosed but I bet my ($6000) neighbor knows that

Reply to
gfretwell