O.T. When buying fish.

Some markets are advertising and selling fillets of Pangasius Hypothalmus as Bass. Pangasius Hypothalmus is a species of Catfish and is NOT Bass. The taxonomy for Bass is Micropterus Salmoides. Before purchasing you should ask to know the name of the taxonomy for the fish that you are buying or ask to see the case or box the fish was shipped in so you can read it. Welcome to the twenty-first century where you have to know the scientific genus name before eating something.

I could have posted this on some consumer group but I don=92t think much of anyone reads those. I=92m guessing that this information will be disseminated faster here. Please correct me if I=92m wrong.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Buy only Hot Dogs, you know they came from Hot Dogs. Fake Crab meat is good , its from the Fake Crab/

Reply to
ransley

Also, let it be known, swai is catfish. Women shouldn't eat fish, because, um, it makes them smell fishy.

Reply to
Frank

You mean cold dogs; they're not hot until they're heated. Actually, I suppose nobody knows the temperature of the immediate environment in advance - they should really be ambient temperature dogs...

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

In all seriousness, there are some concerns with pregnant women and some types of fish, due to possible mercury levels or other contaminants.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel