O.T. When buying fish.

Some markets are advertising and selling fillets of Pangasius Hypothalmus as Bass. Pangasius Hypothalmus is a species of Catfish and is NOT Bass. The taxonomy for Bass is Micropterus Salmoides. Before purchasing you should ask to know the name of the taxonomy for the fish that you are buying or ask to see the case or box the fish was shipped in so you can read it. Welcome to the twenty-first century where you have to know the scientific genus name before eating something.
I could have posted this on some consumer group but I dont think much of anyone reads those. Im guessing that this information will be disseminated faster here. Please correct me if Im wrong.

Buy only Hot Dogs, you know they came from Hot Dogs. Fake Crab meat is good , its from the Fake Crab/
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 01:07:07 -0800, ransley wrote:

You mean cold dogs; they're not hot until they're heated. Actually, I suppose nobody knows the temperature of the immediate environment in advance - they should really be ambient temperature dogs...
cheers
Jules
On 1/12/2011 1:07 AM, Molly Brown wrote:

Also, let it be known, swai is catfish. Women shouldn't eat fish, because, um, it makes them smell fishy.
On 01/12/2011 08:17 AM, Frank wrote:

In all seriousness, there are some concerns with pregnant women and some types of fish, due to possible mercury levels or other contaminants.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel