O.T. The sick gun culture.

Page 7 of 7
On 1/11/2011 10:47 AM, Steve B wrote:

Heck, in The UK you go to jail if you defend yourself against someone trying to kill you.
TDD
Steve B wrote:

Steve, while I generally agree with your politics, you REALLY need to take this to a political group. This is alt.home.repair, NOT alt.political bullshit.
Please stop using this group as your personal political pissing ground.
Jon
On 1/11/2011 2:34 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

Johnny, just kill the thread so you don't have to see it. It's very easy in Thunderbird, press "K" when you see an off-topic post.
TDD

Please turn in your computer. You are too stupid to own one. Notice that the subject clearly says "O.T. The sick gun culture." For you to click into this thread and then complain about it is silly. Do you return oatmeal at the store that is plainly labeled oatmeal?
I'm only answering you because someone else quoted you. I have YOU killfiled because of just this type of stupidity you constantly display. Buy a vowel. Get a clue. Learn how to use your computer, or dump it.
Please!
Learn how to read plainly labeled goods.
Steve

Review the data, TV isn't much of a research tool.

In a country of over 300 million..........only about 1,500 or so.
Way fewer than: car accidents (~40k), unintentional poisoning (30k), unintentional falls (~20k), suicide-all means (~30k), unintentional suffocation (~6k)
The lessons here? Guns seldom kill the "unintended". Stay away from cars. Be careful what you put in your mouth. Spending time on ladders & high places is dangerous. Take the right anti-depressant. Watch out with the kinky stuff.
cheers Bob

Harry-
Keep posting..... reminds me to thank my ancestors for immigrating.
cheers Bob

He -could- have used a bomb,like the Muslims. I also note the Columbine killers had bombs,that failed to explode.

perhaps to deal with a riot mob,such as the LA riots of several years ago,where police refused to enter the riot zone. I note that Korean shopkeepers used "assault weapons" to keep the rioters from burning them and their families alive,when the rioters came to torch their shops/homes.(they lived above the shops)

FYI,the 33 round magazine is made for the Glock 18,a select-fire machine pistol.But the Glock 17 also accepts the standard 17 round magazine. The 33 round mag fits in all the 9mm Glocks,but sticks out (extends) from the handgrip.
Note the shooter had a magazine malfunction at ~20 rounds,stopping him and giving others a chance to jump him before he could insert another magazine.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
benick wrote:

I carry a .45 'cause they don't make a .46.
Keep Honking - I'm Reloading
I carry a gun for EXACTLY the same reasons a cop does.

I like my 17 shot 9mm, for now anyway. I just don't like the bulkiness of a .45. I carry a .380 Keltec at times, and yes, I know, it's a small gun. So small that I can put it in my pocket. <g>
Steve

Is the Keltec picky about ammo choices?
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 08:49:02 -0800, "Steve B"

You guys are going to laugh at me for this, but I'll tell you anyway. My favorite carry piece is an American Arms PX22 loaded with .22LRs.
<http://www.gunsamerica.com/977002075/Guns/Pistols/American-Arms-Pistols/American_Arms_PX_2.htm
It's small, light, has very little power and is not accurate beyond about 10', but that's what I wanted. I figured that any threat that was more than 10' away was not enough of a threat to contemplate pulling on.
I used to carry a .38spl snub nose, but I found it was just too heavy and uncomfortable for me to carry all day; so I found myself carrying less and less often. Then I thought that a small .22 that I had with me was better than a .38spl that I didn't have with me.
Ok, you can laugh now.

Hit man Richard Kuklinski did quite a bit of damage with a .22 pistol, but he did most of his work up close.

That's just plain silly, but you have every right to think that way.
wrote Re Re: O.T. The sick gun culture.:

<http://www.gunsamerica.com/977002075/Guns/Pistols/American-Arms-Pistols/American_Arms_PX_2.htm
wrote Re Re: O.T. The sick gun culture.:

<http://www.gunsamerica.com/977002075/Guns/Pistols/American-Arms-Pistols/American_Arms_PX_2.htm
They all poke holes if you know how to use them. .22's are particularly nasty because they have high muzzle velocity, and fragment so much. A favorite of mob hit men.
Steve

Well, now here's a solid reason for 30 round magazines. :-)
On 1/11/2011 10:49 AM, Steve B wrote:

Two .380 rounds through the mouth will stop anyone. Ask the British SAS. :-)
TDD
Steve B wrote:

Just today I had my Glock 19 blow-the-fuck-up!
It slam-fired but it slam-fired before the cartridge was chambered!
Pictures here: http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae42/ymalbrucker/th_glock2-1.jpg?t 94788340
Goddamn Bakelite guns!
I showed it to the range master. "Yep," he said. "Failure to maintain weapon. You didn't keep it clean."
I hit him in the mouth.
Fortunately I wasn't injured... my current squeeze was the one firing the pistol.
[Pardon the profanity, but I'm still upset. According to the anti-gunners I should be running around the neighborhood shooting everything that moves in a fit of pique and they are relieved my weapon won't work ("It's alright little brother... there are more."). Guess I'll have to settle for standing on the street corner yelling "May your thigh swell up with salt water!"]
This evening I'll break out the duct tape.

It's interesting that no matter what you say in this discussion, you still enjoy the benefits of the so-called "special relationship" our countries have had since WWII. Your native language is still NOT German, now is it?