O.T. The sick gun culture.

Fine. We have much less crime than you do. As previously established in this thread. In spite of you locking up more people. Must be something in the drinking water. I had never saw a gun until I was twelve. And that was in France. I never saw a gun in the UK until I was in my twenties. I never saw a gun fired until I was in my fifties. I never fired a gun until I was almost sixty. (In Australia) It was interesting for about twenty minutes. But us intellectuals are soon bored. Peace and quiet you see.

==========

"us intellectuals"

Right.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It's called irony. Americans don't understand it. It's OK. Don't worry. I'll get you trained up.

======

No. It wasn't irony.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

gee. go prove they're wrong. go ahead. i'll wait.

and your statement about crimes...go find proof that our system works. you denying all those people ARE locked up?

well we execute ours too.

and yet our murder rate is the highest among developed nations.

works great. conservatives dont trust gummit

except when it comes to killing people. then gummit is infallible

Reply to
bpuharic

sorry. the wife is a defense attorney. i've seen my share of prisons

and we seem to have more of these than any other country on earth. SO either right wing philosophy about lock 'em up is wrong or god just sent every misfit to 21st century US

pat buchanan among others

Reply to
bpuharic

they also had no gun control

Reply to
bpuharic

Suicide bombers have more arms than we do. Those countries are more armed than we ar.

Reply to
LSMFT

Your only point is sticking up between your shoulders.

The "defense" has some case!

You'd better learn to think, first.

Good! More deserve to be there!

You have a point (other than the one mentioned above)?

Recidivism. Not enough executions.

Your dipstick is low.

You're illiterate, like most kids your age, too.

Reply to
krw

I certainly can read. It's *you*, kid, who is illiterate.

I certainly am! You're a leftist loser, likely living in mommy's livingroom. How's her insurance, BTW?

Reply to
krw

uh yes. i was in catholic seminary. our order had a prison ministry at the indiana state prison. met a guy who killed 2 indiana state troopers when he was 19

does that count?

dodging the issue isnt an answer

ROFLMAO!! why not? too left for you??

Reply to
bpuharic

Why do you make up this stuff?

"Violent crime was not responsible for the quadrupling of the incarcerated population in the United States from 1980 to 2003. Violent crime rates had been relatively constant or declining over those decades. The prison population was increased primarily by public policy changes causing more prison sentences and lengthening time served, e.g. through mandatory minimum sentencing, "three strikes" laws, and reductions in the availability of parole or early release. These policies were championed as protecting the public from serious and violent offenders, but instead yielded high rates of confinement for nonviolent offenders. Nearly three quarters of new admissions to state prison were convicted of nonviolent crimes. Only 49 percent of sentenced state inmates were held for violent offenses. Perhaps the single greatest force behind the growth of the prison population has been the national "war on drugs." The number of incarcerated drug offenders has increased twelvefold since 1980. In 2000, 22 percent of those in federal and state prisons were convicted on drug charges."

Are you quite sure that the NYS they were referring to in that imaginary study you mentioned wasn't the Namibian Youth Soccer penal system? That's about the only way that your BS comment could be possible.

Take off the blinders, please - for your own good.

RicodJour

Tthe fact that China routinely executes people for crimes that would get maybe 5 years here in the USA might have something to do with it.

Reply to
trader4

I can't help it if you can't understand simple English.

Depends on your definition of "violent crime".

Nothing yet contradicts what I reported.

Not yet...

Still no evidence of a brain found.

Learn to read. Then learn to think. You really have your work cut out for you.

Reply to
krw

and yet they have 5X our population.

and we execute folks too, including the innocent. but the right, which hates the gummit, thinks the gummit is infallible when killing people

Reply to
bpuharic

actually he did. only when the americans came did they implement gun control limiting each household to 1 autojmatic weapon

Reply to
bpuharic

You neglected to mention that the prisoners living in tents, in 110-degree weather, are volunteers. Sheriff Arapio gives most prisoners their choice: Tents or cell blocks.

Reply to
HeyBub

No, the pink underwear is mandatory. Female prisoners get to wear leather.

Reply to
HeyBub

Not to worry. There's the law of Conservation of Apostrophes which states that "For every instance of an apostrophe's correct use, somewhere in the world an apostrophe is being used wrongly."

Reply to
HeyBub

On 1/14/2011 1:03 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Yes! Few people know about that.

And you must also know of the law of conservation of "R"s; for every non-rhotic dropping of an "R" ("bothah", "empaah"), there's an equal and opposite intrusive "R" ("lawr"). (Or to use a U.S. example, "Joisey" and "terlet" balance perfectly.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl