O.T. The sick gun culture.

ah. so you think there's some way to track and control 300M guns

golly. are you psychic? do you do a vulcan mind meld with each gun?

obviously because 'leniency' is just another figment of the right's imagination

Reply to
bpuharic

gee then why does the US have the highest rate of homicide in the westen world?

really?

where's your evidence?

oh. you gone none

Reply to
bpuharic

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun." - BeeHO

Reply to
krw

Please turn in your computer. You are too stupid to own one. Notice that the subject clearly says "O.T. The sick gun culture." For you to click into this thread and then complain about it is silly. Do you return oatmeal at the store that is plainly labeled oatmeal?

I'm only answering you because someone else quoted you. I have YOU killfiled because of just this type of stupidity you constantly display. Buy a vowel. Get a clue. Learn how to use your computer, or dump it.

Please!

Learn how to read plainly labeled goods.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Because not only can't you read, candy-asses like you refuse to defend themselves. No problem, here. You can be Darwined, for all I care.

Reply to
krw

Good God, no! Why would we even WANT to track guns. There should be another

300M, at least. I'm thinking about buying a Walther PPK/S for my wife, in fact.

Nope, just a full magazine.

Wrong. As long as loony lefty judges, and politicians, keep turning them out, they'll keep killing.

Reply to
krw

Right. We try to keep track of prisoners, not guns.

How about bpuharic?

Reply to
krw

This is glaring proof that you're a liar.

You're the one making the outrageous claim. You're the one in need of proof.

I don't need any. I have the Constitution, which trumps your lies.

Reply to
krw

Harry, please deal with your excessive use of the greengrocer's apostrophe. I shouldn't say "excessive". As former Canadian PM Mackenzie King said of the Jews: "One is too many"

HB

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

thanks for making my point.

the defense rests

let me type this slowly so you can understand

the US has the highest incarceration rate in the entire world

we have more prisoners than china. china has 5X our population

where is your data that shows judges are lenient?

oh. rush told you.

i rest my case

Reply to
bpuharic

HAHAHAH really? our judicial system, dominated by the 'lock 'em up' philosophy, is seen as a joke

a very, very expensive joke that even conservatives are starting to realize, doesnt work

Reply to
bpuharic

oh. you cant read a chart.

yeah, you're right wing alright

Reply to
bpuharic

Dude, remember I'm the one that changed the subject line to include "Harry is our village idiot", so don't go all sweet on me. I was talking to Bob, who is nice guy and not an inflammatory bounder. If you want to engage in civil discourse, do so - it won't kill you and people might actually listen to what you have to say.

RicodJour

Jim Rusling wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rusling.org:

of course,you would have to trust the Washington Post's claim,which is very anti-gun.

Autos kill far more people than guns.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

bpuharic wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

surveys of criminals in prison have shown that criminals fear armed citizens even more than police. But due to our widely varying gun laws and large cities that prohibit being armed,the chances of criminals encountering an armed citizen is still pretty low. But the fact that people can have guns in their homes keeps our "hot burglary" rate down,where in other nations,burglars don't fear entering an occupied home,because the residents are not armed. When states enact concealed carry laws,their crime rates dropped.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

bpuharic wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Can you trust any data coming from Communist China? In fact most nations differ in how they classify/record crimes,so direct comparisons are questionable.

I suspect China puts their criminals in gulags or in "re-education farms",and works them to death,and doesn't count them as "prisons".

Or they simply execute them,and bill the relatives for the bullet.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"The Daring Dufas" wrote

Well, on St. Patty's Day, the whole world is Irish.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

So adding another 2,000,000 crimes (that were prevented) would be better?

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Pretty much. Of these 9,800 gun-related murders, only about 1500 involve the victim and the assailant being strangers. Most of the rest are gang related.

I pray for the 1500 and celebrate the rest.

Reply to
HeyBub

Shows what you know. Mountbatted was not exactly a politician, though he did serve in the House of Lords.

Principally a naval officer, Mountbatten rose to be Supreme Allied Commander, South East Asia Command during WWII. After the war, he held a few minor governmental posts, including Viceroy of India and was granted the Earldom of Burma. He finished that career as Governor General of India, then was demoted to Fourth Sea Lord, but climbed his way up to First Sea Lord. He finished his government career as Governor of the Isle of Wight.

Mountbatten's real moniker is: Admiral of the Fleet Louis Francis Albert Victor Nicholas George Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, Prince Louis of Battenberg KG (Knight of the Garter), GCB (Knight Grand Cross, Order of the Bath), OM (Order of Merit), GCSI (Knight Grand Commander, Star of India), GCIE(Knight Grand Commander, Order of the Indian Empire), GCVO (Knight Grand Cross, Royal Victorian Order), DSO (Distinguished Service Order), PC (Privy Counsel), FRS (Fellow of the Royal Society)

But I call him "Louie."

Reply to
HeyBub