O.T. The sick gun culture.

Page 4 of 7

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun." - BeeHO

Just so we all can be on the same page. The above doesn't qualify as "hate speech".

Lemmesee ....... yours is the only family that is not defective, right?
You know the difference between insanity and mental illness? A mentally ill person knows there's something wrong with them. An insane person thinks there's something wrong with everyone else.
I can see plainly where you are at.
Steve

the Democrats had the SAME thing. Comrade Obama used a lot of such rhetoric,such as "if they bring a knife,you bring a gun","get in their faces","hand to hand combat",his Enemies list,etc.
the Democrats are far more violence-prone.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

YOU. ARE. SO. IGNORANT. ABOUT. THE. U.S.
This was a FEDERAL judge, not one of the lawyers you are so scornful of -- until you need one.
This is an attack on the FEDERAL judiciary, one step below the Supreme Court.
I suppose you'd be jumping up & down in glee if somebody offed one of the Privy Council in your country.
Note that your country has a thousand-year record of assassinations, poisonings, beheadings, etc. among the royals and their hangers-on.
Oh, I give up - what's the point in even trying..
HB
[...]

Harry, please deal with your excessive use of the greengrocer's apostrophe. I shouldn't say "excessive". As former Canadian PM Mackenzie King said of the Jews: "One is too many"
HB
HB
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Not to worry. There's the law of Conservation of Apostrophes which states that "For every instance of an apostrophe's correct use, somewhere in the world an apostrophe is being used wrongly."
On 1/14/2011 1:03 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Yes! Few people know about that.
And you must also know of the law of conservation of "R"s; for every non-rhotic dropping of an "R" ("bothah", "empaah"), there's an equal and opposite intrusive "R" ("lawr"). (Or to use a U.S. example, "Joisey" and "terlet" balance perfectly.)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:04:03 -0500, "JoeSpareBedroom"

11,000 deaths are insiginificant?

2,000,000 defensive uses of guns are insignificant?
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:03:02 -0600, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

yeah. because they're unnecessary. we're the most heavily armed nation on earth
and it seems to stop nothing. if guns stop crime, why do we have 2M uses of them a year, along with 11K deaths?

2,000,000 instances of defense is unnecessary? How about I hang the "no guns here" sign out in front of your house?

It stops 2,000,000 of them every year. Perhaps candy-asses like you carried...
On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:52:51 -0600, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

how about you tell me why criminals aren't deterred in the most heavily armed nation on earth.

Because not only can't you read, candy-asses like you refuse to defend themselves. No problem, here. You can be Darwined, for all I care.

surveys of criminals in prison have shown that criminals fear armed citizens even more than police. But due to our widely varying gun laws and large cities that prohibit being armed,the chances of criminals encountering an armed citizen is still pretty low. But the fact that people can have guns in their homes keeps our "hot burglary" rate down,where in other nations,burglars don't fear entering an occupied home,because the residents are not armed. When states enact concealed carry laws,their crime rates dropped.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

So adding another 2,000,000 crimes (that were prevented) would be better?
Harry K
bpuharic wrote:

Suicide bombers have more arms than we do. Those countries are more armed than we ar.
--
LSMFT

I am a gun owner, but insane people should never be allowed to have guns.

were all or most of those committed by LAWFUL gun owners? Or by criminals who were already prohibited from having a gun or even a single round of ammo? (punishable with 5 years for EACH round of ammo and each weapon) I suspect the latter.
chalk it up to the "revolving door of "justice""; lenient judges and prosecutors who plea-bargain down to lesser crimes and shorter sentences.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Actually many such claims of statistics are tainted by the inclusion of legal defensive kills by legal gun owners.