O.T. How to mix yellow, cyan, magenta refill ink to get black/brown?

I have a lot of extra yellow, cyan, and magenta ink left over from refilling inkjet cartridges. Any idea of the proportions of each I should mix to get brown/black ink?
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 19:51:43 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

There a better ng for this I think.
alt.comp.periphs.printers is either dead or it's not on eternal september.
But comp.periphs.printers is still pretty busy.

I dont think you can all you will get is a mess, Black is black , google making brown paint. cyan and magenta are in the blue range but have at it.
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 19:51:43 -0700, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

If equal parts doesn't do it nothing will.
Buy ALL of these $600 will send you a sheet of EVERYTHING listed raveATusit.net
http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/bfs/1802359724.html

I've done fabric dyeing using similar base colors but I'm sure the pigments are different. In my color samples, I have a nice reddish brown that uses 1 part yellow, 7 parts cyan and 12 parts magenta.
With ink, I'd start with a few drops of yellow, add magenta a drop at a time to get a medium orange, and then try adding the cyan. Count drops for each and then multiply.

This is the best suggestion, I'll try it using / counting drops. I'll mix in some real black if it looks too bad. I just hatre to throw away half-full bottles of colored ink that I won't use because I bought too much as part of a package.