O.T. 2 Variety tomato planting pattern

OT, but everyone here is quite opinionated so,
I have a 4 x 6 matrix of spaces to plant 2 varieties of tomato plants with somewhat varying exposure to full vs almost full sun. What pattern is best, checkerboard, or alternate rows/columns?
On May 18, 10:12 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

Obviously staggered rows/hexagon pattern to make best use of space.

I'd agree with Harry (oh no!)
but to dig a little deeper, how to lay out the plants also depends on plot & plant orientation with respect to the travel of the sun and how long into the fall your garden allows tomatoes to survive.
What you're wanting to do is maximize sun exposure over the whole growing season.
My tomato planting area allows for a single row of 4 plants. The row runs perfectly east-west. There are walls on the north & east. I angle the row so in the afternoon the westerly plants don't shade the easterly plants.... best I can do in my small space.
I plant them year after year (a crop rotation no-no) but to minimize nematode problems I used restraint varieties. I pull the plant as soon as they stop production & remove the root systems. I mulch at this point so it can "over winter". I also use shrimp shell meal which really seems to have helped with the nematodes.
cheers Bob

I have 24 spaces, in an e-w and n-s orientation. Spaces are fixed. I have 12 plants of one variety, and 12 plants of a second variety. I just wanted to know about which plants to plant where, to maximize tomato production. Cluster all of one type together, or plant checkerboard, or alternate rows. Today I planted all 24 plants in a checkerboard pattern.