Nylon bearings?

I want to lubricate the nylon rotors that my mower blades turn in. What is the best lubricant to use? I have heard that oil will deteriorate the nylon and that silicone is too weak. They are really getting noisy and need something. Thanks

Lubrication is likely to be a short term solution at best. I'd probably try some polyurea (bicycle) grease since I happen to have some around.
But if nylon bearings are sufficiently worn to flap around and make a noise, it's time to replace 'em. Just check to see that it's not something else generating the noise.

Ask the manufacturer? Read the manual? Virtually all power equipment manuals are online these days.
CWM
donh spake thus:

Oil won't harm nylon, which is impervious to most petrochemicals (at least those found around the house).
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself
donh wrote:

It might seem like a wild and crazy idea but have you considered reading the manual or contacting the manufacturer? Surely either of those would yield better information than strangers who have no idea what sort of mower you are using.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Use Lubriplates Aero grease. It's compatible with plastic and has good low temperature qualities.
http://www.lubriplate.com/webstore/detail.aspx?ID
donh wrote:

Below is a guide to chemical compatibility for many materials:
www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/chemcomp.asp
Nylon is compatibile with almost all oils.
On 13 Oct 2006 13:14:24 -0700, do_not_spam snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

Just for kicks I selected aluminum and petroleum. It has a D rating - Severe effect, not recommended for any use. What is the reason behind this?

Aluminum block car engines and pistons? Huh?

By "petroleum" I think they mean crude oil, which can contain stuff that corrodes aluminum.
If you do the same check on "oils:mineral" (which is what ordinary petroleum lubricants are), it comes up A.
Aerosol grease would be easy. Most grease and oil tend to attract and hold dirt/dust/scuzz. I use a Teflon filled anti seize on similar things and have been quite pleased. Here are some examples: http://www.neverseezproducts.com/ , though there are many brands. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

donh wrote:

Yes, replacement. Typically you replace such bearings when they act as you describe.