NYC dumpster diving for food

The folks offering help didn't do it for a tax break, they and the companies like tree trimming crews volunteered their time. I'm disabled somewhat so I couldn't join the big help party but I was able to help my immediate neighbors and give rides to folks who ran out of gas or needed to get somewhere. I remember the event because I was in the hospital with pneumonia when the storms and tornadoes hit. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Country boys will say that they'll kill it and eat it before it does the same to them. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

What's a "racist"? Could you define the word? Most folks I come across who call someone "racist" don't know what the word means. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Folk in S. Louisiana make better lovers ... they'll eat anything.

As for me and mine we'll eat anything that won't eat us first and a few things that will.

Reply to
NotMe

The drill sergeant barked at the recruits, "If it moves f*ck it, if it sits still, paint it!" ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

And if it doesn't fit these two qualities, paint it OD green.

.

The drill sergeant barked at the recruits, "If it moves f*ck it, if it sits still, paint it!" ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Said the fat woman in handcuffs: "If de govenmint would gib me mo' money, I wouldn't be havin' to steal!"

Reply to
HeyBub

Yes they do. It's anyone who disagrees with them.

Take Obama. To his supporters, his policies are so clear, cogent, and convincing that no one smarter than a muskrat could find fault. That these fools DO object, when there's no rational reason to do so, MUST mean that their objection has to do with race.

Reply to
HeyBub

How about someone that judges others by their race instead of by their merits and flaws.

Today stromin' posts: If a Mexican tree falls in the woods, and no one hears it fall on a black guy, did it increase our welfare rolls?

A few months go he said he would appease his trailer park neighbors by offering them basketballs and fried chicken.

Perpetual snipes at blacks and Mexicans with the occasional zinger for Asians.

That's, of course, between pompous posts about how a survivalist must integrate with their community and work with their neighbors constructively. Classic split personality - or classic usenet troll - or child that babbles the first thing that pops in their head. Take your pick.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

I think you may have meant to write "someone who" but still, you haven't defined "racist". You wrote a lot nothing that proves you have no idea what the word actually means. Jokes in bad taste don't define "racism". Now let's see if you can define "race"? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Apparently you will perpetually reject any replies and repeat your question ad infinitum. Without ever saying what you think it is. Sorry, too much to do to play your games.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

No silly, you continue with your P.L.L.C.F. codswallop when I asked you for your definition of "racist". It's typical of your ilk to deflect and refuse to answer simple questions. Admission of the correct meaning of your favorite Politically Incorrect labels for those you oppose in the arena of political ideology, will prove that you use the words in a manner that is incorrect. You can never admit that you are wrong and quite ignorant in the meaning of the language you should be proficient in. It might lead others to think you're a complete idiot and we can't have that, now can we? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Your ilk seems to be perpetually superior and to ask that same simple question over and over and never tell us dumb sheeple what your exalted opinion is. Neat trick. You can play superior forever and never get tested.

It also seems your ilk wants to morph everything into a political debate. Have fun.

You have zero knowledge of my "political ideology" except what you have sucked out of some unknown orifice and thin air - in equal proportions.

There's that superiority bit again.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

You still never correctly answered my question. I do feel sorry for you and harbor no ill will. Perhaps one day you will realize how wrong you are about the world around you and strive to improve yourself. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Your ilk seems to be perpetually superior and to ask that same simple question over and over and never tell us dumb sheeple what your exalted opinion is. Neat trick. You can play superior forever and never get tested.

There's that superiority bit again.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Oh come on Winston, go for some self improvement or remedial education courses. You still never correctly answered my question. I learned a long time ago that everyone has different talents. I love music and I'm not a musician but I can fix the musician amplifier. I like military jet planes but I'm not a fighter pilot or would I ever qualify with my eyesight. That doesn't keep me from learning about them. Don't worry, there may be hope for you yet. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'd guess about .0001%. However, over 10% are Carribean or African blacks.

Reply to
rbowman

The Federal Government is on the case.

Emergency regulations promulgated by FEMA now require dumpster owners to post a sign on their dumpsters listing the dumpster's contents with regard to edible items, clothing, and other emergency needs. This should eliminate the kind of problem you encountered.

Further, OSHA has taken it upon itself to issue similar regulations regarding the ADA - Americans with Disabilities Act. When a dumpster contains victuals or other needed items, it will be incumbent on the dumpster owner to provide a wheel-chair accessible ramp.

Reply to
HeyBub

You forgot to mention that the "Menu" must include calories, fat and sodium content.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

You may be right; I didn't read that far.

Wonder if the California dumpsters have to include cancer-warning posters?

Reply to
HeyBub