Ny risk with leaving exposed TV antenna wire in attic

I have removed a TV antenna that was in my attic. I am unable to determine where the wire from the antenna connects in the house. Any risk leaving t he exposed wire in the attic? I don't believe any electricity runs thru th e wire but I thought I would throw the question out there.
Thanks for any thoughts.
On 4/28/2014 3:19 PM, FinanceGuy wrote:

Can't imagine any problem. I still have one in an attic that has not been used for many years. Wire just dangles down unattached in bedroom alcove. I imagine with new signal set up, it no longer works. I don't store anything in that attic and access is difficult through closet ceiling. This septuagenarian won't be going up there again ;)
On 4/28/2014 3:32 PM, Frank wrote:

I have not been in such an attic in years. I'm a Leo. What month is your sign, september?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

You can leave it in place or you could follow it to where it disappears down a wall, cut it off then stuff the end into the wall.
If you don't know where it comes out down in the house, there a good chance that somebody did that exact thing at the other end. Only difference is they probably repaired the hole.

coax or ?? wiring?
if coax, you may improve things by finding where it comes down and terminate appropriately. Get a cheap wire detector, approx $26 from Home Depot.
On 04/28/2014 02:40 PM, RobertMacy wrote:
[snip]

How would it improve things to terminate a cable that's not connected to anything?
RobertMacy wrote:

May he ask what should be the Ohmage for best terminator? If both end are cut, does it matter?
On 4/28/2014 3:19 PM, FinanceGuy wrote:

antenna connects in the house. Any risk leaving the exposed wire in the attic? I don't believe any electricity runs thru the wire but I thought I would throw the question out there.

--
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
Was the one you outlived also one that you married?

If I told you that I bought two cars and sold one would you know if I sold one of the two that I bought?

There may still be electric in the cable, if it all didn't leak out. Maybe shake the cable a bit to make sure all the electric is out, just to be safe.
Jim K wrote:

Correction; electric is out should read all electrons fall out, LOL!